As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized bycom as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards. We now need someone special who can apply their experience as a QA Technician to help us grow.
- An incredible change-the-world company with the eyes of the world focused on our success
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you
- The backing of some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, IKEA, Prudential & other leading venture funds.
The Quality Assurance Technicians Responsible for monitoring & documenting all quality & food safety programs. Job functions may include but not limited to the following:
- Ensure that all testing programs are consistent & procedures are followed.
- Communicate with Operations when Critical Control Points (CCP) are out of control.
- Ensure that all paperwork (documentation) is complete & accurate for each shift & each day.
- Communicate all deficiencies & issues to QA Manager or Supervisor.
- Conduct quality control inspections on a regular basis or random basis as may be required by the operations.
- Supervise quality control & food safety inspection requirements at the facility. Ensure that Aerofarms quality standards are maintained at all times.
- Participate in monthly plant inspections.
- Perform some basic inhouse lab tests (dilutions, inoculation, incubation)
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum 2 years experience in related field.
- Experience in food production helpful
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) desired
You may also have:
- Be able to work in a cold environment (<40F) for long periods of time
- Be able to lift 50 lb
- Be able to walk, bend & climb stairs