About Rent the Runway
Rent the Runway is transforming the way modern women get dressed & disrupting the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by pioneering dynamic ownership & enabling women to rent, subscribe to & purchase secondhand clothing. Founded in 2009 with a vision to build the worlds first living closet, RTR believes that women everywhere will soon have a subscription to fashion. By creating a new model of dynamic ownership rooted in sustainability, RTR has made apparel rental an indispensable utility while also powering women to feel their best every day. RTR offers apparel, accessories & home decor from over 700 designer partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, Rent the Runway has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times.
RTR is expanding its team focused on creating value through our vendor relationships & providing outsized growth opportunities for our partners, while delivering on our brand mission to power customers to feel their best every day. The Inventory Innovation team is responsible for incubating & expanding our inventory model portfolio, optimizing our engagement terms with partners, & expanding our portfolio of vendor offerings in order to drive brand adoption & success on our platform.
About the Job
We are looking for an individual who will support RTRs goal of reducing inventory acquisition cost through alternative methods by supporting the team cross functionally. The ideal candidate will be a self starter who embraces problem solving & thrives in an organization where communication & curiosity are valued.
This role will work in close partnership with our Buying, Fashion Operations, & Accounts Payable stakeholders.
This is a contract / temporary position.
What youll do:
- Support the monthly revenue-share invoicing process including but not limited to the following:
- Prepare & issue monthly revenue share reports & track receipt
- Resolve invoice discrepancies
- Partner with Platform & Buying teams to aggregate upfront payment invoices for revenue share orders
- Communicate updates to banking information to the AP team as needed.
- Assist with month-end accruals
- Provide external communication to brand partners on payment status
- Update & program platform materials as needed with the teams guidance & direction.
- Support the Platform team on operational initiatives for category & assortment expansion.
- Bachelors degree
- 0-1 year of relatable experience or in a relatable industry
- Strong communication skills across multiple mediums & an ability to provide clear, concise information to key stakeholders on various teams
- Self-starter with an ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong organizational skills & attention to detail, as well as an understanding of the bigger picture
- Microsoft Office skills, specifically Excel