As the Business Development Intern, you will be responsible for supporting two of Brexs most strategic projects: first, being a core member of our Early Stage Corporate Development team & sourcing new leads to drive acquisitions, & second, supporting the team with research to scope the go to market into new industry verticals. This is a highly cross-functional & visible role & you will be working with a variety of internal teams as well as external partners.
Business Development is one of the primary drivers of customer acquisition & retention at Brex, & this is an opportunity to join the Business Development team early with part-time commitments but with a full-time hire track (if mutually desirable).
We are looking for a candidate that can start immediately & support Brex through at least the first half of 2020.
- Willing to dedicate at least one full day per week of your time to Brex workstreams & commitment to spend a couple of hours every day to keep work streams moving forward with urgency
- Responsible for driving the new M&A opportunities through proactive, outbound business development activities such as: cold-calling & email campaigns
- Continually develop & maintain a pipeline of potential acquisition targets through ongoing relationship management/business development activities
- Create industry research to support the go-to-market team with analysis & business cases on the most desirable market segments to pursue
- Scope out potential channel & rewards partnerships for new market verticals
What We Value
- Pending MBA from a top-tier institution with an undergrad from a leading institution
- Candidates in NY/SF preferred, but we are open to exceptional remote talent
- Prior Strategic Consulting (Bain, BCG, McK), Tech Investment Banking, or Private Equity experience required
- High emotional intelligence
- Comfortable engaging with potential acquisition targets, partners, & managing relationships
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Outgoing personality with a collaborative hard-working ethic, enthusiasm
- A deep desire to sell & win
- Strong project management & analytical skills
- Self-starting - you take initiative with limited direction & have an owner mentality