We are a global lifestyle brand built on transforming the travel experience. In support of our mission, we are seeking a Full-Time Store Manager to join our Retail Operations team at our store location in Noho, NYC.
Our Retail team creates a transformative experience that inspires a global community. We build connections with our community through product expertise & merchandising, world-class-service standards, & operational excellence. We pride ourselves in owning the offline touch point for our community, & use it as an opportunity to create more Away fans.
Want to help us transform the travel industry? The ideal candidate will play an integral role in laying the foundation of our retail business. You will be responsible for all aspects of the stores operations & importantly, of the stores success. A strong foundation of store management & people management experience is essential! Youll focus primarily on building & growing a team of exceptional retail associates, on ensuring the store hits performance goals, & on delivering the highest level of customer experience.
As a company that values inclusion, Away seeks individuals of all backgrounds & experiences to apply for this position.
What youll do:
- Ensure your team is providing top-notch customer service to every person, every time
- Communicate Aways values & brand philosophy to customers & team members alike
- Develop, execute, & continuously improve all operational activities to make sure the store hits financial expectations & exceeds customer expectations
- Work cross-functionally to ensure the store is a hit! Work across the aisle with marketing, CX, creative, & HQ partners to make sure we create exemplary retail experiences
- Hire, retain & develop your team of retail associates, growing them into our next generation of retail leaders
- Oversee daily staffing, inventory management, & visual standards. Oversee all front of house & back of house procedures to keep the stores engine efficiently running
- Help execute any in-store marketing or programming events by liaising with HQ team members
Who you are:
- Deep understanding of elevated customer experience
- 3-5 years of managerial experience; preferably at a customer-centric retailer or company
- Fastidious attention to detail; strong business acumen & an entrepreneurial disposition.
- Has a passion for people development & a knack for motivation
- A team player that is comfortable providing feedback, innovating, & getting their hands dirty
- Experience working at a start-up or fast-growing company or retailer
- Experience building a team from the ground up
- Hard working with a "no task is too small" attitude
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced & ever-changing environment
- Passionate about travel (but thats a given!)
Youll love working at Away because:
- We travel. We encourage you to take time to recharge outside of the office. Youll have four weeks of PTO to explore new places & access to Away products to ensure your travels are seamless. And once youre here for three years, youll earn a sabbatical & a bonus to take a well-deserved trip.
- Were not just employees. Were people. We offer 401(k) match, insurance coverage (health, vision, & dental), tax savings plans for retirement, generous & inclusive parental leave, dependent care, commuter benefits, reimbursements to incentivize you to work out, & a kitchen stocked with snacks & coffee.
- Well invest in your career. Our companys growing quickly, & well give you the opportunity to do the same. Youll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the companys evolving needs.
- Were creating an environment where everyone can thrive. Our customers are global & diverse, so were building a team that is too. Through initiatives like our employee resource groups & inclusion training, were building the cultural foundation that gives people the emotional & physical space to bring their best selves to work.
- We offer competitive compensation packages. We deeply value the talent our team brings to the table & believe that fair & equitable total compensation packages are part of our commitment to everyone who works here.
- And so much more! You can bring your dog to work. Well give you money every month to grab coffee with coworkers. We have weekly team lunches & regular happy hours. We also organize monthly opportunities to give back to our local communities.
Launched in 2016 by co-founders Steph Korey & Jen Rubio, Away is a global lifestyle brand with a mission to transform travel. By selling directly to customers both online & through retail stores, Away is able to eliminate retailer mark up & offer high quality, thoughtfully designed luggage & travel essentials without driving up the price. In just under four years, Away has already been twice named one of Fast Companys Worlds Most Innovative Companies, & one of TIMEs 50 Most Genius Companies. Away is headquartered in New York City, with offices in London & Sydney. To learn more, visit awaytravel.com.
Away is dedicated to hiring a diverse workplace that celebrates an inclusive culture & a sense of belonging. As an equal opportunity employer, we do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, & sexual orientation), national origin, age, veteran status, genetic information or disability.
Away is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities & disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.