Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
As the Sr. Manager, Regional Sales & Growth, sitting inside the Project by Slice (PBS) organization at Slice, you will own a regional territory that consists of existing accounts. You will manage & motivate a team of sales & growth reps, coaching them on pitching & selling Slice accounts, driving incremental sales to shops & supporting their ongoing professional development. Your efforts will enable Slice to increase penetration in your region through acquisition & a deeper penetration with our existing network.
You are an experienced, entrepreneurial leader who will be able to work independently & rally your remote team to maximize their efficiency. Daily metrics will need to be captured in Salesforce reporting & you will be developing & maintaining competitions & spiffs to encourage the team to go the extra mile. You will report to the GM of PBS.
What you'll do:
- Build & retain a team of high-achieving sales reps that exceed our partners expectations & expertly advise on the best solutions to achieve their goals
- Actively manage & coach a team of regional sales reps that sell PBS to existing pizzeria owners
- Support your team & help to facilitate growth in every existing shop
- Do whatever it takes to win merchants over & support them in their growth; this means physically being in the shop, rolling out new offerings, implementing best practices, or doing whatever else is needed.
- Provide feedback & new recommendations to the PBS team & Slice leadership based on gathering insights from restaurants, as well as learnings & requests from restaurants
- Master the PBS sales cycle - from lead generation to closure to forging a successful partnership
- Execute against a strategic plan to win on a market by market basis, while covering multiple markets that may require multiple tactics
- Drive increased productivity for each rep through coaching, accountability & ride-alongs to provide live closing assistance & training
- Execute & attend local grassroots marketing events geared towards engaging with SMB pizzeria owners
- Assist the account management & PBS teams in ensuring successful onboarding & retention onto PBS over the initial months of the merchants partnership.
- Up to 80% travel required monthly & expected rep ride-alongs daily throughout the region
What we're looking for:
- 5-8 years experience in managing reps serving the SMB space. Experience serving the restaurant industry is a plus, but not required
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial manager with experience managing a team of remote sellers in order to exceed quotas
- Passionate about tech innovation & bridging technology gaps by educating your owners through face-to-face interaction
- Highly proficient in Google Docs, Sheets & Salesforce reporting
- High-energy & fearless - youll do whatever it takes to win
- Excellent listener, assertive, persistent, & persuasive
- Track record of meeting & exceeding goals
- Self-starter & self-motivator
- Strong can do attitude
- A valid driver's license & vehicle for travel
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, & shared services they need to serve todays digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains & form the nations largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops & discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his familys New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If youre ambitious, interested in growing your career, & hungry to join one of the fastest growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.