At Lyft, community is what we are & its what we do. Its what makes us different. To create the best ride for all, we start in our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization where all team members are recognized for what they bring. Ride by ride, were changing the way our world works. We imagine a world where cities feel small again. Where transportation & tech bring people together, instead of apart. We see the future as community-driven & it starts with you.
This exciting role will be focused on hardware solutions to meet our riders last mile needs on Bikes & Scooters. Read more here!
While managing product development, The Director of Product will help set Lyfts vision for the Bike & Scooter end-to-end experience, both online & offline. This will be a significant part of Lyfts growth as we move to a world where on-demand transportation is a viable alternative to driving yourself. Product management at Lyft leads the integration of engineering, data science, & design to achieve the companys vision for reinventing transportation.
- Drive our strategic product & technology vision for the Bike & Scooter Team
- Nurture & develop an organization with a customer-first approach relentlessly prioritizing the things that matters.
- Develop & drive execution of multi-quarter a customer-focused product roadmaps via close collaboration with senior leadership, Business Operations, Data Science, Analytics, Design & Engineering
- Create a culture of cross-functional work, ensuring data analysts, engineering, design, operations, & user research teams work together to deliver impact.
- Hire people who would grow to be better people than yourself, manage & grow them to ensure they do that & exceeds the group & their goals & expectations
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum of 10 years in product management or relevant experience in tech-related field
- An academic background in Computer Science or related engineering discipline
- Strong communication, presentation, & client management skills across a diverse group of stakeholders
- Experience partnering with Business Operations, Finance, Business Leaders & GMs to manage the impact on profitability.
- Ability to remain flexible & thrive in ambiguity
- Positive attitude & willingness to roll up sleeves & dig deep to achieve goals
- Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Passion for Lyft & what we are trying to achieve in sustainable urban transportation
- Demonstrated experience managing & growing a team of product managers while providing development, mentorship, & excitement to exceed team & department goals
- Previous product development & management experience specifically utilizing information generated from the vehicle rental space to create insights for a dedicated team of product managers & engineers
- Problem-solving passion & service orientation
- Experience with HW products
- Experience in logistics
- Effective in dealing with senior executives in customer organizations
- Strong understanding of marketplaces
- Demonstrated track history of working with nascent products/services in new markets
- Fluent in engineering concepts to capture deeply technical requirements, & ability to translate them for non-technical audiences
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.