The Appian Solution Engineering team provides technical expertise to our customers around the globe, touching every layer of the Appian platform. From data analysis to creative problem solving, our Solution Engineers tackle the most challenging technical problems encountered by Appian customers & partners.
We are looking for a hands-on Technical Support Engineer with demonstrated technical expertise on the Appian platform & superior problem solving skills. The Technical Support Engineer will have a passion in improving customer experience & internal systems, tools & processes used by the Solution Engineering team.
About the job
- Propagate a culture of advanced technical knowledge, customer service excellence & positive customer outcome
- Use your subject matter expertise to provide proactive & reactive support to team members on their assigned work
- Coach team members on best practices for technical troubleshooting, communication/customer management, internal systems/tools & operating procedures
- Manage communications on escalated cases with internal & external stakeholders (customers, field/account teams, software engineering, senior management, etc)
- Identify opportunities to enhance systems & processes to improve the customer experience. Participate in evaluating, prioritizing & actioning these improvement projects
- Bachelor's degree in any Engineering discipline, Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar work experience
- Excellent at problem solving & a talent for identifying creative solutions
- Desire to work closely with our customers to help lead continual improvement in the availability, performance, functionality & security of our platform
- Flexibility to provide after business hours support (rotation every 10 or so weeks)
- Keen to provide exceptional customer interaction (verbal/written) to our biggest customers
Nice to have
- Programming / scripting (e.g. Java, Perl, Ruby, C#, PHP)
- RDBMS platforms (e.g. MySql, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Systems administration (e.g. Linux, Windows)
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.