You'll help several teams to deliver high-quality technology products & services, working in partnership with technical & product leadership. You will report to the Product Engineering Team Lead in our New York City headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Design & build new features into the Squarespace interface
- Take a lead role with other engineers & designers to provide strong customer-focused experiences
- Keep our product up-to-date with the latest frontend technologies such as React & ES2016+
- Practice disciplined software engineering (e.g. automated testing, code reviews, & writing beautiful, readable code)
- Actively contribute to team & company standards
- Mentor junior team members
- Experience developing large-scale application software
- Working knowledge of Webpack, Babel, & other core JS development tools
- Experience with React or similar user interface libraries.
- Strong grasp of engineering practices like automated testing using tools like Cypress, Nightwatch, Jest, the React Testing library, & providing code reviews for peers.
- A comprehensive understanding of Web Application fundamentals & the libraries & tool chains used to deliver them.
- A sincere commitment to creating readable, reliable, & well tested code
- BS in Computer Science or related or equivalent industry experience
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Experience writing AST Transformations as a way to manage libraries at scale.
- Experience writing CLI tooling
- TypeScript experience or interest
- Manage npm libraries, open source or otherwise
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.