"The front page of the internet, Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, & create across thousands of communities.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate & grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential & trafficked corners of the internet.
Operating within the Growth division, the Search Engine Optimization (SEO) team is crucial for bringing in new users & helping them continue to explore & engage with Reddit. The huge volume of content creates an opportunity to grow our user base by connecting search users with engaging content.
As the teams first Data Scientist, you will play an influential role in guiding product strategy through proactively surfacing insights, conducting exploratory analyses & executing experiments.
How Youll Have Impact:
- Today, SEO is crucial for Reddits growth. As a key member of the team, youll help us refine our SEO strategy & drive enormous top of funnel growth. Your work will help us optimize connecting users to the best content & even build custom experiences for these users to help them further explore & engage with Reddit. If youre interested in using your SEO analytics skills to drive real product change, this is the opportunity for you.
What Youll Learn:
- You will be at ground zero of a high growth team & experience being the lead DS to help grow our SEO experience. You will interface with senior leadership on the business value of SEO. You will design & conduct advanced experimentation & see your changes make it live into the product.
- In addition, you will work side by side with a world-class org of Engineering, ML, Search, Data Science, Data Warehouse, & Analytics practitioners who work together to create a variety of capabilities for Reddit to be more successful in its decision-making & product creation. In this process, you will be exposed to a variety of new techniques in experimentation, statistical frameworks, machine learning, deep learning, & causal inference.
What Youll Do:
- Conduct exploratory analyses on understanding SEO & Reddit
- Partner with Eng & Product to define & execute SEOs roadmap & initiatives
- Design & evaluate advanced experiments to influence product strategy
- Define team metrics & goals & scale data-informed decision making through ETLs & reporting dashboards
- Present findings to senior leadership & facilitate informed product decisions
Who You Might Be:
- 4+ years of experience in data analytics or related quantitative role
- Experience with SEO analytics or using machine learning to improve SEO keywords
- Demonstrated ability to influence & guide product strategy with data
- Demonstrated ability to take ambiguous problems & solve them in a structured, hypothesis-driven, data-supported way
- Desire to mentor other data scientists & share best practices to elevate the data science practice at Reddit
- Proficiency with relational database (e.g., SQL) & statistical analysis/programming languages (e.g., R / Python)