Our engineering teams constantly solve tough problems & invent new ways to battle fraud using big data & audio science in the cloud. We are looking for a Software Engineering Manager to help define, design, lead & manage the creation of our bleeding edge products. We have technically challenging problems to be solved & we are looking for a leader who can execute our strategy on a daily basis by inspiring & growing a high caliber software engineering team.
Our Data Analytics platform is at the core of Pindrop products & powers our fraud detection & authentication capabilities. The platform processes billions of non-audio data events & supports the work accomplished by our data scientists, research engineers & product engineering teams. The team focuses on building microservices, scaling the platform, & generating insights.
The Software Engineer Manager for the Data Analytics team will help execute this vision for the data analytics platform, help evolve our operations practices & expand the architecture to support our continued scaling as we onboard new enterprise customers & shift into more advanced support for machine learning & stream processing.
what youll do
- Responsible for evolving the architecture of the solution & developing a comprehensive technical implementation plan
- Drive continuous improvement in process & implement controls to increase efficiency & productivity of engineering practices
- Improve the teams technical ability, utilization, & overall efficiency by establishing best practices & creating individual development plans
- Collaborate closely with leadership in Product Management & Engineering to deliver expected results
- Expand solution capabilities, implementing new features driven by technological innovation that will lead the voice security market
- Perform one-on-one performance reviews with all software engineers on a regular basis.
- Develop status updates, reports & metrics
who you are
- 3+ years as a manager of software engineering teams
- Solid experience in Python & Go required
- Experience with SQL, NoSQL, and/or Graph databases
- Solid understanding of distributed systems & microservices
- RESTful API design & development
- Scrum/Agile methodologies knowledge helpful
- Experience developing services in AWS
- Strong knowledge of Docker & container orchestration
- Ability to deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Managerial skills & ability to grow people to their true potential
- Strong communication skills, both inward & outward
who you are (manager level skills)
- 2-3 years of experience inspiring technical teams & hiring talent
- Desire & experience in helping engineers grow
- Ability to translate business & technical needs into product roadmaps
- Demonstrated ability to execute on a vision
- Proven track record of successful & timely product delivery
- Strong collaboration & proven success in partnering with stakeholders
- Proven ability to help resolve conflict when it arises
- Comfortable leading initiatives from inception to closure
what we offer
As a part of Pindrop, youll have a direct impact on our growing list of products & thus the future of security in the voice driven economy. We hire great people & take care of them. Heres a snapshot of benefits we offer:
- Recognized top employer
- Health plans & 401k
- Continued education budget
- Flex schedules
- Best in class tools
- Paid commuter options
- Fun outings to celebrate our accomplishments as a team
- All the good karma you can rack up for fighting bad guys (our conference rooms are named after the ones weve busted)
who we are
Pindrop is a company founded on research & continues to innovate new ideas to market. Our solutions are leading the way to the future of voice by establishing the standard for security, identity, & trust. Pindrop products secure the future of voice, making technology more human from the call center to IoT devices.
what we live by
Pindrop is driven by our DEPTH values. These are reflected in our goals & the base of our teams peer awards.
Act with Deliberate urgency.
Create Evangelical customers.
Passionate about the fight.
Playing for the Team.
Make Hard easy.
Pindrop is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status; & will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.