At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 teachers in the U.S., Canada, & Australia come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into a massive marketplace where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times. According to Fast Company, Teachers Pay Teachers is one of the top 50 Most Innovative Companies in the world! If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just ask a teacher. Two out of three teachers currently use TpT.
Who we are looking for:
Were a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers & learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. Its the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, & focused effort. We want every day to be fun & to matter.
The Digital team at TpT is creating the next set of experiences for teachers & students in the classroom. As more devices are integrated into classrooms & instructional methods continue to evolve, teachers & students will need a different set of tools & experiences in this transition.
Product Designers at TpT are passionate about creating the very best experiences for all our marketplace touchpoints. As a leader on our product team, youll be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from inception to build & beyond. Youll partner with product managers, engineers, our research team, our community, & others in executing our product vision & direction. Youll take on a range of design challenges & be expected to advocate for the clearest, cleanest, & most intuitive user experience.
- Craft beautiful, engaging experiences that solve user & business problems & is loved by our community of teachers
- Communicate & facilitate decisions effectively using user research, workshops, narratives, sketches, wireframes, mockups, & prototypes
- Define interaction models, user flows, & UI specifications
- Help develop & define TpTs design sensibilities, methodologies, & overall design culture
Qualities for a successful candidate:
- 5+ years of experience in a similar role as a UX / UI or Product Designer
- Believe in our mission to connect & empower educators
- Appreciate the gift of feedback & value honest, thoughtful critique
- A substantive job application that stands out, shows what youve built, & tells us who you are as a person
- Experience with Ed-Tech or Marketplaces
- Previous experience taking a new product to market
- Parental leave for both mothers & fathers to be able to take some quality time in bonding with their new addition to their family
- Comprehensive Medical & Dental Benefits
- Mother's Room
- Quiet Room
- Company Events (Bring Your Child to Work Day, Field Day, Camp TpT, Hackathons, etc.)
Here at TpT we value Diversity & Inclusion & encourage people to bring their most authentic selves to work. We cultivate an environment where people are recognized & celebrated for their individuality.
Any TpT applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the interview process should contact the TpT People Ops Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.