At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
Lyft is looking for an experienced Senior Manager for Transit, Bikes & Scooters Policy to join our fast-growing & fast-paced Transit, Bike & Scooter team, based out of Denver, Portland, Washington, DC, NYC, San Francisco, or Boston. This individual will be an instrumental member of the Lyft team in charting strategic growth opportunities, developing new local partnerships, & interfacing directly with state & city leaders, with a focus on major micromobility markets & local transit partnerships. The Senior Manager, who reports into Lyfts Director of Transit & Micromobility Policy, will be dealing with regulatory & government issues as a pivotal part of Lyfts mission to eliminate private car ownership & foster public policies that reclaim streets for people. Come join the exciting ride!
- Represent Lyft in all interactions with electeds, government officials & staff via face-to-face meeting, events & remote lobbying.
- Attend high profile events with key elected or appointed leaders in person.
- Create & execute the public policy & advocacy agenda for uur bike, scooter & transit partnerships.
- Track legislation relevant to Lyft at municipal, county & state levels by working with our Legislative Affairs team & engaging elected officials directly at City Halls & State Houses
- Craft ideal regulatory frameworks & lead efforts to win local bikeshare & scootershare adoption
- Work cross-functionally with Lyft senior management on developing public policy priorities that advance Lyfts operations & business interests
- Work closely with Lyfts legal, compliance, marketing, communications, & operations teams on developing market strategy
- Lead or co-lead one to two internal policy projects with a national scope.
- Manage a team of top-notch external policy consultants to schedule face-to-face meetings with elected officials, track legislation & carry out lobbying campaigns in service of business priorities
- Develop & advocate for policies that support the growth of biking & walking, transit & new mobility options by nurturing relationships with elected officials & non-profit leaders, attending in-person events to represent the business when local leaders are present & leading advocacy campaigns for Lyft.
- 5+ years of experience in policy, government affairs, campaigns, and/or business development.
- Strong existing transportation, government, & advocacy relationships.
- Proven entrepreneurial & scrappy spirit
- Exceptional strategic & problem-solving skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding (and sometimes unstructured) environment. You can prioritize & execute while maintaining long-term strategic focus.
- Self-starter; intrinsically motivated but also a good teammate
- You love the art of a deal & are a closer
- Natural connector & relationship builder
- A love of travel (lots of travel, often last-minute)
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal & presentation) - you know how to tell a good story & advocate your position
- Passion for transportation, public transit, urban planning, politics, & sustainability
- Lyft user / believer
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- Mental health benefits
- In addition to 12 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Lyft Pink - Lyft team members get an exclusive opportunity to test new benefits of our Ridership Program
Lyft is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to an inclusive & diverse workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state & local law.
Until further notice, Lyft employees working in the United States & Canada in any capacity (on a daily or hybrid schedule, remote, or as a visitor) are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. Employees are considered fully vaccinated two weeks after completion of the entire recommended series of vaccination (usually one or two doses) with a vaccine authorized to prevent COVID-19 by the federal Food & Drug Administration (FDA), including by way of an emergency use authorization. Lyft will maintain records associated with your vaccination history in a way that is compliant with all relevant Federal, state & local laws. Exceptions to this requirement are employees who require religious or medical exemption as approved through Lyft's accommodations process. New employees must provide proof of full vaccination or receive an accommodation exception approval prior to their start date.