Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an Analyst to join our Government Affairs team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
We are looking for a government affairs professional to assist in the continued development & execution of Oscars state & federal government affairs function. In this role, the ideal candidate will have familiarity with state legislative & regulatory processes, a penchant for public policy, and strong project management skills. Knowledge of the health insurance industry or another highly regulated industry & a demonstrated ability to operate at a highly strategic & collaborative level is important. Youll report to our Associate Director of Government Affairs, & work closely with the Vice President of Government Affairs & other business units across the company. Externally, youll interface with regulators & other government officials at both the state & federal level.
- Research, track, & monitor legislation, regulation, & policy developments for assigned products or regions to identify opportunities & risks that might impact the company.
- Support with monitoring trade association committees, covering meetings & calls, & synthesizing takeaways for internal teams.
- Represent Oscar with state & federal regulators & government agencies.
- Support the development & implementation of government affairs/legislative strategy for new products or ventures to advance Oscars business interests.
- Manage projects with notable complexity with business area implications, developing action plans & managing from start to completion.
- Provide government relations/regulatory relations expertise to designated business areas & work collaboratively with internal Legal counsel.
- Bachelors degree
- 2+ years of experience in health insurance trade groups, state legislative staff, health insurance industry or another highly regulated industry
- Experience with state legislative & regulatory processes, ideally as they relate to the health insurance industry
- Experience tracking regulations & legislation
- Cross-functional project management experience
- Experience communicating with & presenting information to internal & external stakeholders
- Experience distilling regulatory requirements into digestible action items, for audiences at varying levels of seniority
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We aim to make health care affordable & accessible for all, & apply this same vision to our perks & benefits, including: medical benefits, unlimited paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.