Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Senior Recruiter to join our People team in New York.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
This Senior Recruiter will be supporting several facets of the organization (i.e. Business, Operations, & Clinical). You will partner with the business to design & execute the best candidate experience, & ultimately hire the best people. We work fast, hard & smart. We listen to creative ideas that will make us better. And, we have fun while were doing it!
This is a full-cycle recruiting role, so you get to do everything: understand your hiring team, define jobs & specs, do plenty of heads-down sourcing, run the assessment process, & own the offer & close.
- Partner closely with stakeholders to define recruiting processes
- Source, engage, & hire top talent for different business units
- Manage a passive funnel, applicant funnel, & drive referrals
- Build & execute interview plans
- Prepare offers, create strategic closing plans, negotiate compensation packages, & ultimately sign top candidates
- Understand the market & come up with creative ways to connect with the right talent
- Collaborate with the rest of the recruiting team to ensure great candidate experience
- You have 5+ years of successful recruiting experience in a fast-paced environment
- You are metrics-minded & let the numbers drive your approach
- Youre a relationship builder & proactively engage with hiring managers & candidates
- You are well-versed in utilizing LinkedIn Recruiter & other tools to source a diverse set of candidates
- Experience recruiting both in-house & agency-side, and/or in startups, tech, healthcare or insurance is a plus
- Youre familiar with Greenhouse or a similar Applicant Tracking System
- Experience with clinical recruitment
- Self-organization, focus, multi-tasking, & software savviness are the basics
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, love driving process, & take ownership of the candidate journey end-to-end
- Youre creative, strategic & always striving to improve
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.