Delivery Station Supervisor
Location: Fairfield, NJ
Day Shift: Wednesday-Saturday 2am-Noon with flexibility to work other shifts as needed
Come see whats cookin at HelloFresh!
At HelloFresh, we want to revolutionize the way we eat by making it more convenient & exciting to cook meals from scratch. We have offices all over the world & we deliver delicious meals to millions of people.
We are the industry leader in meal-kit subscription services & were growing all the time. We have distinct meal-kit services that cater to everyone with the most menu variety in the market, which allows us to reach an incredibly wide population of people.
The HelloFresh team is diverse, high-performing, & international, & our work environment is an inspiring space where you can thrive as a result.
Delivery Station Supervisor (Sortation) Job Description:
The Delivery Station Supervisor will provide on-shift leadership & will oversee the logistics package sort operation. You will manage all Hub activities & volume, including the unloading, sorting, & allocation of freight for drivers. Safe operations of the Hub are of the utmost importance & you will be responsible for leading up to 20 Associates at any one time & providing coverage for the Logistics Hub Manager when they are not onsite. The Delivery Station Supervisor will lead & cultivate a functional working relationship with all levels of personnel throughout the organization.
Manage a team of Warehouse Associates, along with directing contingent workforce to meet quality & safety standards, achieve performance metrics, & accomplish incoming volume bound for the correct destination.
- Use HelloFresh tech & systems to make operational decisions & ensure a culture of safety for operations inside facilities & over the road.
- Report to the Logistics Hub Manager to support operational scaling & communicate delays or any issues while quickly analyzing & prioritizing work to prevent failures
- Conduct team huddles, to maintain engagement & an open line of communication with employees
- Perform some dispatching functions for drivers & provide coverage for the Logistics Hub Manager on nightshift, weekends, & holidays
- Monitor & evaluate the safety, cost, quality, & other agreed indicators
- Ensure the security of all HelloFresh assets (hub facilities, vehicles, inventory)
- Build an inclusive workplace culture & relationships with all staff, delivering on retention goals
- Operate a lean facility by making recommendations to improve & implement new processes
- On rare occasions, transport delayed package deliveries to customers, move vans in & out of the building, & transport vehicles to & from the repair shop.
- Employees are expected to perform related responsibilities assigned by management, which may be added or revised based on business & operational needs, with or without advance notice
- Hard-working, driven, & the ability to work & make decisions independently
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with other supervisors to coordinate activities
- Inclusive in your approach to engage staff & bring out the best performance in a team
- A conveyer of clear vision, setting direction & goals, & driving team understanding during daily/weekly stand-ups & leadership reviews
- Sound in data-driven decisions that express originality & an enterprising mindset
- Collaborative - enjoys working with different teams to gather inputsA connector of complex problems at all levels through excellent written & verbal skills
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferably 2+ years' experience managing operations for fulfillment, supply chain, logistics, or transportation companies
- Must be at least 22 years old & legally authorized to work in the US & possess & maintain a valid driver's licenseMust be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, MVR, background, & criminal checks)
- Availability to support night shift hours starting between 11:30 pm-2 am - until the job is complete (4-day work week shift) or day shift hours (4-day shift week or 5-day shift week based on local need) & may include a weekend-day designated between Sunday-Saturday & general availability with shifts.
- Proficiency in manipulating data & reporting.
- Meet schedules/timelines & organize your own work.
- Can reliably work alternative & flexible work schedules including nights, Sundays, & Holidays
- Leadership experience motivating & encouraging others
- Basic proficiency in manipulating data & reporting
- This position's essential functions demand the performance of the following physical requirements with or without reasonable accommodation
- Can lift/move up to 50 lbs & participate in physical job activities such as standing, walking, & crouching daily.
- Can work in an environment that may be hot, cold, & noisy.
- Competitive Salary & 401k company match that vests immediately upon participation $0 monthly premium & other flexible health plans effective first day of employment
- Generous parental leave of 16 weeks & PTO policy
- 75% discount on your subscription to HelloFresh (as well as other product initiatives)
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company
It is the policy of HelloFresh not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability because they are a protected veteran, or any other protected classification under federal, state, or local law.