Have you ever wanted to intern inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want an intern who is passionate about creating products that you & your peers would love.
The Network Management & Services team is looking for an Intern to revamp & modernize our Regional Network Services(RNS) infrastructure. RNS provides the critical infra needed for our VPC product to serve thousands of customers with droplets deployed across all our data centers. We are looking for someone who can help us move the Regional Network Services to a modern Kubernetes based platform. It will be a great opportunity to get your hands dirty in Go, MySQL & explore our micro services architecture with all the latest technologies related to Observability i.e. LightStep, Prometheus, Grafana. It will be a great opportunity to work on a complex distributed architecture that enables droplet networking at DigitalOcean.
What Youll Do:
- Solving problems with distributed systems to reduce bottlenecks, single points of failures & inter-dependencies of our many regions.
- Building new & advanced infrastructure services that support deployment of millions of customer droplets across multiple datacenters.
- Designing & building highly efficient micro-services to enable new features & internal tooling around the virtual network stack.
- Debugging/troubleshooting complex production issues across datacenters.
- Diving deep into the ocean of highly available & fault-tolerant virtual networking.
- Participating in a team effort to improve visibility on various network metrics.
- Using technologies & tools such as: Linux, Go, GRPC, Docker, Open vSwitch, Prometheus, MySQL, & others!
What Well Expect From You:
- Expertise with at least two of the following languages: Go, Perl, Python, C/C++
- Knowledge of building distributed systems using a microservices architecture
- Knowledge of networking & network layers
Why Youll Like Being An Intern At DigitalOcean:
- We have amazing people. We can promise you will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We work hard but we always have fun doing it. We care deeply about each other & take our no jerks rule very seriously.
- We value development. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development. Youll need to be great to be an intern here, & we promise youll get even better.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.