MakeSpace is looking for a designer to help us reimagine an antiquated industry. We're changing the negative association with self-storage by creating intuitive access & planning tools for userslike getting your summer wardrobe back with the touch of a button. Our goal is to make space accessible to everyone, & traditional self-storage obsolete.
Alongside a growing team of brilliant engineers & product managers from all over the world, you'll be responsible for multiple products, from our consumer website & applications, to our logistics & administrative software.
We're looking for an ambitious candidate to grow our design team & develop a consistent vision & strategy across our product & marketing work. Joining MakeSpace is your opportunity to have high impact on a rapidly growing startup, & build a design team to execute your strategy & vision. So you should have:
- 4+ years experience, at least 2 leading design on high-visibility projects within a company
- Curiosity for learning new skills
- Humility to phase out old ones
- A broad design background
- Ability to work cross-functionally with product management & engineering to develop & implement effective design practices
- Experience leading user & competitive research
- A data-centric approach to testing ideas
- Strong written communication skills & the ability to defend design decisions
- A portfolio that exhibits iterative design thinking with a clear line of thought from discovery to delivery
- A good instinct for thoughtful & effective copywriting, onboarding, or other branded communications
- Strategic product thinking with attention to interaction design across mobile & desktop devices
- Goal-oriented design with a strong instinct for long-term product vision
- Detailed visual design work combining brand, marketing, & product expertise