Who are we?
WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click on our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up.
We have grown on average by 50% year on year & are now processing over 3bn of remittances on an annual basis. We have raised c.$200 million in funding, currently employ over 750 employees & have offices worldwide.
You can learn more about our culture & how we work by watching this video on our Careers page
About the Role
You will be working with some of the most cutting-edge technologies & the most talented people in the industry. This will give you a great opportunity to develop your skills & progress your career in one of the fastest growing companies in Europe!
WorldRemit is sending remittances from over 50 send countries to over 150 receive countries & the number is growing monthly. Each of these corridors have different commercial & competitive characteristics, & a wide variety of customer behaviour, leading to exciting opportunities for pricing analysis.
We are looking for a Commercial Data Scientist that will support our data driven culture, leveraging the ever-expanding range of data sources we have available to improve our pricing decisions, from exploring our competitive landscape to understanding the way customers use our service.
This is an amazing opportunity for a data driven individual to play a key role in the continued growth of one of the UKs leading FinTech companies; & a very exciting challenge to put analytical skills to the test against an international context.
As a Commercial Data Scientist, you will use your ability in SQL, R and/or Python to create analytically driven recommendations that shape pricing strategy & maximise ROI. Your solutions will influence international pricing decisions & create new opportunities that enhance business-wide performance.
On the technical side, you will be working with a wide variety of technologies (e.g. Tableau, Python or R) to retrieve & analyse the transactional data, & more importantly, apply your data mining and/or statistical skills to obtain actionable pricing insights.
More specifically to:
- Proactively involved in maximising the potential for advanced analytics in delivering actionable insight, business uplift & revenue enhancement.
- Translate business questions from the other pricing team members into specific hypotheses that can be answered quantitatively with our data
- Share insights that will shape our understanding & help us to predict how customer will react (or not) to proposed pricing changes
- Contribute to the industrialization of analytics, creating reproducible analysis that can provide insight in a continuously moving environment. For example, evaluation of the impact of pricing changes on the different business KPIs
- Support the creation of models that will help us with key strategic challenges. Examples include: identification of magic FX rates between send & receive countries, improved understanding of FX volatility risks, pricing strategies of key competitors etc
- Engage with senior stakeholders to ensure pricing insights are at the heart of company decisions
Summary of required experience & attributes
- 4+ years of experience in data analysis ideally within a business to consumer industry.
- Experience using statistical methods to create models & analyse large dataset using a language of your choice (e.g. R, Python, SQL & advanced Excel).
- An ability to see the bigger picture: a problem-solving approach that gets to the underlying business questions, using a variety of data sources & information.
- Prior commercial or pricing experience would be preferred but a keen interest in pricing analyses is essential.
- Experience building dashboard or self-serve tools, with preference for Tableau.