LendingHome supports real estate investors by offering the opportunity to build successful businesses through a simplified loan process. Our competitive product, innovative technology, & experienced team are changing the way real estate investors receive funding for their fix-and-flip & rental properties, transforming the experience from end to end.
With our built-from-scratch technology that covers every stage of the loan process, LendingHome has opened access & simplified a way for real estate investorsboth novice & experiencedto get financing, generate wealth, & build businesses. Since founded in 2013, we have funded over $6 billion dollars worth of loans across about 30,000+ projects, becoming the nation's largest hard money lender. Combining the best technology & the most knowledgeable people, LendingHome has grown to a team of over 300 & has won many awards over the years including Forbes Fintech 50, Finovate Awards: Best Digital Mortgage Platform, Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, & many more. LendingHome is uniquely positioned to become the next great financial services brand powered by the most advanced mortgage platform in the world.
Loans funded: More than $6 billion in fewer than 6 years
Market Share: Increased from ~2.5% in Q1 2020 to over 5.5% in Q3 2020.
Equity raised: $285MM to-date, including $75 million raised in Series E from Benefit Street Partners in December 2020.
Financial Impact: Since April 2020, LendingHome has been profitable every month, a rarity for a fast growing fintech company.
Geography: Lending in 26 states, which account for more than 80% of the nations real estate market
Homes financed: About 30,000
Principal & interest returned to investors: More than $5.18 billion
Employees: About 300 employees in San Francisco & Pittsburgh
The Accounting team ensures all money movements can be accounted for & ensures LendingHome can generate valuable insights from financial reports. We partner with all areas of the business to ensure compliance with policies & procedures.
The SEC External Reporting Manager will be responsible for building the internal process around external financial reporting to the SEC. The role will serve as the technical accounting subject matter expert & will keep up to date on various new & existing accounting pronouncements. directing & preparing all external financial reporting. This position will drive the process & be an expert in new technical accounting standards around external filings.
- Prepare & file SEC Forms including 10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, proxy, as applicable; review XBRL tagging of financial statements & footnotes
- Develop a process to manage the timely & accurate preparation of all external financial reports, including those filed with the SEC ensuring financial statements are in accordance with GAAP guidelines
- Ensure accuracy, completeness, & integrity of the company's financial statements in accordance with the US GAAP & SEC Reporting standards, including preparing financial statements, drafting disclosures & MD&A for both annual & quarterly financial statements
- Prepare & manage the quarterly & yearly SEC reporting with appropriate calendar, including coordination with external auditors, executives, finance, legal & investor relations departments, for the non-financial sections of SEC Form 10-Q, 10-K, proxy & 8-K
- Prepare & compile supporting documents for all SEC filings, ensuring the process is in compliance with SOX
- Develop & monitor external reporting process, including the preparation of the Companys reporting process narratives & policies
- Research new & proposed accounting standards issued by the SEC & FASB, & document technical issues impactful or relevant to LendingHome
- Stay abreast of changes & activities within the Company & industry to ensure their effects are properly reflected the Companys financial statements
- Partner with cross-functional teams to prepare relevant materials & presentations consistent with SEC filings, including analyst presentations & other materials
- Prepare & organize the necessary deliverables for quarterly reviews & annual audit of financial statements by external auditors
- BS in Accounting
- CPA Preferred
- Minimum of 3+ years in Big 4 public accounting with relevant experience, or
- Minimum of 5+ years of direct corporate experience with SEC financial reporting, & preparation of financial statements, footnotes & disclosures within public companies
- Strong US GAAP, SEC regulatory acumen, technical accounting knowledge, & understanding of financial reporting requirements
- Experience researching technical accounting guidances, & delivering complicated technical accounting memos & analysis
- Ability to work in a fast paced, & rapidly growing environment
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
LendingHome in the News
Benefits & Perks
- Career Growth: We foster an environment that encourages opportunities to use your voice, make an impact, & move towards your long-term goals.
- Lunch & Snacks: Hungry? We have you covered! Enjoy catered lunches & Bagel Wednesdaysand don't forget to take your pick of healthy snacks & drinks daily from our fully stocked kitchen.
- Work-life Balance: With our flexible time off policy, you can enjoy a well-rounded lifestyle while easily balancing work, travel, loved ones, & passions.
- Family Matters: We know your role here might not be the only one you have. Enjoy your job as a parent & welcoming your new bundle of joy with our competitive parental leave policy.
- Commuter Benefits: Travel from A to B without the stress. We help you save money on your commute to work with pre-tax deductions & a monthly stipend.
- Product Ownership: We recognize your hand in making our business great. With offered equity, you can claim your stake in our growth.
- Health Insurance: Your well-being is important to us. Our comprehensive medical, dental, & vision plans ensure that your mind & body are in good keeping.
If you'd like to see more about what LendingHome has to offer or explore additional opportunities, visit us at LendingHome.com/Careers.
LendingHome is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.
San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Police Code, Article 49