We are looking for a lead to temporarily join our People Operations team in our New York City office. Reporting to the Head of People Operations & Mindfulness, this is a hands-on role where you will work on relocations, visas & immigration for employees & candidates globally. This assignment will last approximately 5 months.
- Partner with Head of People Operations & the People Team members to ensure high level of service & rapid response time to our employees & business as well as our ability to provide great employee experiences.
- Use global mobility expertise to provide hands-on administration & management of international assignments, localizations & permanent transfers, while working with managers, the HR team, & external partners & vendors.
- Promote & managing global mobility processes, resolving issues, auditing internal processes & analyzing data.
- Coordinate with immigration & tax consultants, employees, managers, & HR Business Partners regarding visa applications & renewals.
- Manage relationships with immigration, relocation, & tax partners.
- Be the expert in, & provide guidance on country-specific policies & statutory requirements.
- Help handle other operational issues, including general employee questions, & processing of benefits, 401K, workers comp.
- Monitor & improve processes to build People Team Programs & workflow.
- Run reports out of Workday & use data insights to guide & provide solutions.
- 3-5 years hands-on experience facilitating global relocations & visas
- Experience managing full mobility life-cycle including working closely with Payroll, tax attorneys, immigration attorneys, & relo providers
- Project management skills & continuous improvement orientation while working across departments & geographies to develop processes that best serve the business & the employees.
- Ability to make recommendations based on reasoned analysis & problem solving skills.
- Experience handling multiple projects & shifting priorities.
- Comfort presenting & communicating, both written & verbally, to internal teams & outside vendors.
- Experience working autonomously, with understanding of when to escalate matters for leadership approval.
- Team player who excels in a fast paced & frequently changing environment.
- Experience working with global HR technology, Workday a plus.
Please submit resume & cover letting detailing why you would be a good fit for the People Operations Lead role at BuzzFeed.
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.