At Lyft, our mission is to improve peoples lives with the worlds best transportation. To do this, we start with our own community by creating an open, inclusive, & diverse organization.
With over half a billion rides & counting, Lyft is solving hard problems in a rapidly growing domain with a lot of data & creative solutions in Marketplace, Mapping, Fraud, Growth & beyond. While traditional approaches to optimization & problem decomposition are sufficient to disrupt transportation, building next-generation platform for low-cost, ultra-immersive transportation to improve peoples lives warrants modern ML utilizing peta-byte scale data. Our highly motivated Machine Learning Engineers work on these challenging problems & define solutions to directly impact various aspects of our core business.
If you are a critical thinker with experience in machine learning workflows, passionate about solving business problems using data & working in a dynamic, creative, & collaborative environment, we are searching for you.
- Design, build, train & test Machine Learning models
- Write production-level code to convert your ML models into working pipelines
- Work closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists, & fellow ML Engineers to frame Machine Learning problems within the business context
- Analyze experimental & observational data, communicate findings, & facilitate launch decisions
- Participate in code reviews to ensure code quality & distribute knowledge
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science or related technical field
- 5+ years (or Ph.D. with 2+ years) of industry or research experience developing ML models
- Deep knowledge of ML libraries like scikit-learn, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras, MXNet, etc
- Proven ability to quickly & effectively turn research ML papers into working code
- Practical knowledge of how to build efficient end-to-end ML workflows
- Engineer at heart with a high degree of comfort in designing software systems & producing high-quality code
- Strong oral & written interpersonal skills
- Great medical, dental, & vision insurance options
- In addition to 11 observed holidays, salaried team members have unlimited paid time off, hourly team members have 15 days paid time off
- 401(k) plan to help save for your future
- 18 weeks of paid parental leave. Biological, adoptive, & foster parents are all eligible
- Monthly commuter subsidy to cover your transit to work
- 20% off all Lyft rides
Lyft is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues & hires a diverse workforce. Lyft does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Lyft also strives for a healthy & safe workplace & strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance & other similar state laws & local ordinances, & its internal policy, Lyft will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.