Braze (formerly Appboy) is a customer engagement platform that delivers messaging experiences across push, email, apps, & more. Braze is built specifically for todays mobile-first world & tomorrows ambient computing future. Braze is set apart as the platform that allows for real-time & continuous data streaming, replacing decades-old databases that arent built for todays on-demand, always-connected customer. With data, technology, & teams working together in unison, the Braze platform makes marketing more authentic, brands more human, & customers more satisfied with every experience.
Each month, tens of billions of messages associated with over 1.5 billion active users are managed through our technology. Braze is a venture-backed company with hundreds of employees in offices located in New York City, San Francisco, London, & Singapore. Most recently, weve been named a Leader in the Forrester Wave: Mobile Engagement Automation, Q3 2017 evaluation. Weve been recognized by Forbes Cloud 100 at #85, ranked #225 on's 500 Fastest Growing Private Companies, named a Top 10 Upstart by Business Insider, in addition to being #21 in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 List. Learn more at Braze.com.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
We are seeking a Senior Product Manager to join our team in New York City. Product Managers at Braze build the product roadmap for a given product area & work closely with engineers & product designers to bring new products to life.
Youll join Brazes Platforms & Channels team, building the Braze SDKs & the dashboard UI that allows our customers run rich, sophisticated marketing campaigns. The Platforms & Channels team operates at high scale in an exciting technology environment, & covers a wide scope of activities from optimizing our high-scale SDKs to investigating & prototyping new expansions to our platform. Youll work on a wide range of cutting-edge projects, from enhancing software libraries that reach billions of end users, to streamlining our SDK integration processes or driving the exploration of new emerging technologies, such as AR/VR or connected home devices.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Deliver the product roadmap, ensuring that we are building the right products excellently.
- Manage the product roadmap for our Platforms & Channels team analyzing inputs from a wide variety of sources to prioritize the most important next steps for our product.
- Deeply understand our customers, market, & technology environment. The Platforms & Channels team operates in a rapidly evolving technology ecosystem, & staying on top of the landscape in which we operate is a must.
- Collaborate closely with Product Designers, Engineers, Product Managers, & counterparts across the business to scope effective solutions & ensure that were building excellent products.
WHO YOU ARE
- 5+ years of Product Management experience. Experience building products as a startup CEO / technical founder / engineer will be considered equivalent.
- Strong communication, collaboration, organization, & persuasion skills.
- A proactive, positive, can-do attitude. You drive projects to completion excellently, & are always looking for new ways that processes & products can be improved.
- Ability to work within a cross-functional team & balance multiple projects at once.
- Strong technical experience you understand how distributed systems & mobile technology products work.
- Eagerness to learn & grow.
- Bonus Points:
- Experience with mobile technology, especially as an Android / iOS developer, is very strongly preferred.
- Experience at a high-growth technology startup.
- Experience at a high-scale technology startup (we operate at the scale of billions of users).
- Deep knowledge of any of the following technology areas:
- AR / VR
- Connected Home
- Connected Set-Top Devices (Apple TV, Roku)
- Voice Assistants
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation, including equity
- Excellent medical insurance & life assurance coverage for you & your dependents
- Matching 401K
- Daily lunches, snacks & beverages
- Collaborative, transparent, collegial & fun loving office culture
- Flexible time off policy to balance your work & life in the way that suits you best
In addition, this position is exempt under the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.