Namelys mission is to help mid-sized companies build a better workplace. Were an HR, payroll, & benefits platform that provides the technology, data, & support that HR professionals need & employees love to use. People are at the center of everything we do, & we believe every company & employee deserves a great workplace, supported by innovative HR technology. At Namely, we are problem solvers, self-starters, & obsessed with creating the best experience for our clients.
Namely is seeking a talented engineering manager to join our growing team in New York City. As an Engineering Manager, you will work closely with our engineers & product team to build best-in-class HR solutions for our clients. You will be responsible for helping guide a teams technical direction, roadmap, & hiring while driving efficient engineering processes & coaching team members.
Our hiring process is language agnostic, we use a diverse set of tools & languages such as Ruby, C#, Go, Docker, Kubernetes, Istio, Spinnaker, Kafka & more. We work with React & SPAs in the front-end, & are moving towards an API driven architecture, powered by gRPC-based services.
Weve built a strong engineering team to date, but have a lot of work ahead of us, including:
- Migrating from a monolith to a microservice architecture, including a complete overhaul & rewrite of our Payroll Processing & Benefits Configuration
- Defining domain boundaries & implementing robust APIs for internal & public consumption of our Human Capital Management (HCM) services
- Leveling up our platform, including enhancing our test coverage, observability, alerting, & performance
Help us scale our business to meet the needs of our growing customer base & develop new products on the Namely platform. You'll be a critical part of our growing company, guiding a team through best practices in technology, architecture, & process.
- Guide the technical direction & priorities of a team while ensuring delivery of high quality, scalable & heavily tested software.
- Mentor & coach team members through performance reviews & regular 1:1 meetings.
- Foster cross-functional relationships across engineering, QA, product, design, & business functions.
- 1+ years hands-on technical management experience
- Strong technical background with experience building, shipping & maintaining web applications & services as a software engineer
- Motivated, self-starter with a passion for building & growing teams
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
Namely was founded in 2012 to create an HR platform as intuitive as social media, but powerful enough to support the complexity of todays workforce. Our belief is that great companies are built on a great employee experience, which is why we created the first HR platform employees love to use. In fact, unlike most traditional HR software, 78% of our clients employees log in to Namely at least once per month! Namely is backed by some amazing VCs including Sequoia, & serves companies in just about every industry & state nationwide. We love mid-sized companies because theyre mission-driven, client-obsessed, & care deeply about their employees... just like us. We believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career, & were just getting started.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional & voluntary, & none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.