The biggest bottleneck in bringing new treatments to patients is the clinical trial. On average, getting a drug through the trial process takes nearly a decade & frequently costs $1B+. And the problem is only getting worse.
TrialSpark is a technology-driven drug development company that runs end-to-end clinical trials, focused on bringing new treatments to patients faster & more efficiently. TrialSpark has built a technology platform that optimizes all aspects of a clinical trial, enabling faster trial completion, higher data quality, & a more efficient experience for all stakeholders. In addition to supporting the execution of trials for other companies, TrialSpark also in-licenses & co-develops drug programs through in-house development, joint ventures, & NewCos. TrialSpark is backed by leading investors such as Michael Moritz, John Doerr, Sam Altman, Sequoia Capital, Thrive Capital, Casdin Capital, & Section 32.
About the Position
Were looking for TrialSparks first Brand Strategist, who will be responsible for the companys short & long term brand strategy. This job will include articulating our brand story, positioning our brand in the market, managing brand consistency throughout all areas of the business, & ensuring TrialSpark is in a strong position for market growth & recognition across industry & media channels.
- Conduct industry research & analyze competitive landscape to inform brand strategy
- Work from the ground up to craft a narrative arc that communicates TrialSparks story, mission, & capabilities both internally & externally
- Support the Business Development & Recruiting teams (and other lines of business) in tailored strategies for how to best represent our brand to physicians, patients, sponsors, investors & more
- Build an integrated holistic brand strategy that includes brand design & messaging, company events, & internal & external communications
- Own the companys PR engagements (strategic & ad hoc) related to partnerships, fundraising, etc.
- Collaborate with internal partners & external agencies (as needed) to execute on brand strategy
- Maintain consistency across messaging from all parts of the organization to ensure all content reflects TrialSparks brand positively & productively
You will work cross-functionally with many key stakeholders, including our CEO & Co-Founder, CTO & Co-Founder, Chief People Officer & Business Development team.
- 8+ years of marketing experience, ideally in-house for healthtech, biotech, life-sciences, or pharma or at a PR or Brand agency that services these industries
- You are an exceptional storyteller & communicator, with the ability to translate nuanced clinical & tech concepts into concise, digestible content
- You are obsessed with brand building & brand marketing, & believe in the power of good brand positioning to help a company achieve its mission
- You have experience building a brand story from the ground up, & nurturing the brand as it grows
- You have strong organizational & project management skills, specifically around editing timelines, version control, & internal/external follow ups
- You have an excellent sense for how to partner with designers & creatives to amplify content & brand
- You have an interest in drug development and/or the clinical trial industry
- You have strong stakeholder management & interpersonal skills, & the ability to drive cross-functional initiatives
- You are comfortable with ambiguity, demonstrate initiative, & are a flexible team player
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.