THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHOS IN THE KITCHEN
As an SRE at Blue Apron, you will join with a small team of elite, systematic problem-solvers to turn agreed-upon ideas into reality. With a large focus on scalability, automation, reliability, & fault-tolerance, the spectrum of work is broad & will range from monitoring / alerting systems, to DNS management, API & web development, to designing & building automated network deployment solutions & more. In other words, youll never be bored. Most of the day to day work will be with our On-Premise infrastructure. As part of the Infrastructure team, you will be encouraged to openly share ideas & experiment while pushing to come up with solutions that work in a timely manner. This position also requires self-motivation & eagerness to learn on your own. If you enjoy solving technical issues through the joint effort of small team collaboration, hard work, being challenged daily, & making an impact, this is a position for you.
WHATS ON THE MENU
- Design, develop, deploy, document & improve services that keep the Blue Apron network connected to the internet & other related AORs
- Maintain services through measuring & monitoring availability, latency, & overall system health
- Be security minded & self-starter
- Engage in daily stand-ups & weekly sprints
- Be an active team player
- Participate in weekly on-call rotation
- Experience in Docker/containerization
- Proficiency in Golang
- Experience with CI/CD systems (ex: Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Experience with Prometheus, Grafana & general monitoring systems
- Basic network fundamentals is a plus
- Experience with virtualization is a plus
- Experience as a sysadmin is a plus
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.