Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
You are an engineer who has domain knowledge or an interest in networking, Big Data, machine learning & cybersecurity You are ready for an exciting opportunity working hands on with the world's most cutting-edge cybersecurity technologies & thrive in a super dynamic environment where you are being counted on to help to defend Visa from the most advanced cyber threats. You are looking to innovate the next generation of cybersecurity technology with Petabytes of data.
You will leverage cutting-edge technologies to perform statistical profiling, inference, classification, clustering & predictive analysis. As a key member of the technical team, you will translate cyber & network security related requirements into simple or sophisticated models to help derive new insights to defend against cyber-attacks. You will be working with a large variety of data sets, cutting-edge security technologies, & world-class operation teams to create awesome analyses.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- PhD in a data related field such as computer science & mathematics
- Prior experience & knowledge with cyber-security
- 5+ years experience in developing analytical solutions/products
- Extensive knowledge & experience with statistical & machine learning techniques.
- Experience with data science model implementation on Hadoop & Spark.
- Exceptional coding skills & experience with Python & Scala for data analysis.
- Extensive working knowledge with data wrangling skills (e.g., SQL, Python, Perl).
- Experience with Linux command line & bash scripting
- Familiarwith enterprise network & technologies
- Serve as a lead data scientist leading & supporting various analytical initiatives
- Research & prototype new machine learning techniques to enhance Visa's ability to identify & respond to threats.
- Work with domain experts, engineers, & other data scientists to develop, implement, & improve analytical models & usecases.
- Lead the usecase development for internal analytical products.
- Provide technical guidance & mentoring to junior team members
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.