Who we are
At Justworks, youll enjoy a welcoming & casual environment, great benefits, wellness program offerings, company retreats, & the ability to interact with & learn from leaders in the startup community. We work hard & care about our most prized asset - our people.
Were helping businesses get off the ground by enabling them to focus on running their business. We solve HR issues. Were data-driven & never stop iterating. If youd like to work in a supportive, entrepreneurial environment, are interested in building something meaningful & having fun while doing it, wed love to hear from you.
We're united by shared goals & shared motivations at Justworks. These are best summed up in our company values, which are reflected in our product & in our team.
If this sounds like you, youll fit right in.
You are a true HR guru. You know what employees want & how to ensure they are being taken care of on both a personal & professional level. There is no problem too big or too small that you cannot tackle using your extensive HR knowledge & intuition to drive improvements across the business. Your presence fosters trust among employees & the people around you know you have their back.
As the People Manager, you will oversee & manage the day to day operations & long-term strategy of the HR team, including but not limited to: employee relations, terminations, performance issues, internal job changes, employee data integrity & adherence to compliance & employment standards. The People Manager will report directly to the Director of People.
What you'll do
- Oversee the daily workflow & long-term development of the People team.
- Foster trust & confidence among employees in the execution of HR policies
- Demonstrate your knowledge & experience with sophisticated employment issues to drive high integrity employee relations, performance management, & conflict resolution strategies
- Partners with the DEI lead to drive thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote DEI in talent attraction, development, & retention
- Partner with HR Operations, DEI, Employee Experience, Recruiting, Total Rewards, Legal to identify key problem areas or opportunities for improvement across people, process, technology, & policy areas, aligned to the overall People team strategy.
- Drive projects from discovery to implementation, including developing project plans & timelines, & coordinating internal & external resources to meet project requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement that simplifies HR processes & policies
- Support administrative tasks as required to ensure timely execution of all People related activity
Who you are
- 6+ years of experience in HR/HRBP
- 2+ years of experience managing people
- Proven experience developing partnerships with business leaders, particularly in helping them lead an organization through significant change, & during a period of realignment & growth.
- Ability to coach & communicate across all levels of the organization; up, down & across
- Strong operational thinker, with a knack for solving problems & building solutions
- Proactive & curious by nature. You are creative & enjoy taking unique approaches to solving problems
- Ability to navigate confidential information with professional maturity
- Must demonstrate influence & client consulting skills with employees, managers, & senior leadership
- Possesses both critical thinking capability & good professional judgment
- Maintain knowledge & understanding of regulations, laws & industry best practices to ensure compliance with all applicable international, federal, state, & local employment laws
- Experience working with & optimizing HR platforms
Visa sponsorship for this role is currently not available.
Diversity at Justworks
Justworks is committed to maintaining a workplace where diversity of identity, culture, & life experience is the norm & is celebrated authentically & respected consistently. Diversity in our work, our people & our product drives creativity & innovation, entrepreneurial leadership & integrity, competitiveness & collaboration throughout our business & in the market. We depend on our differences to make our team stronger, our workplace more dynamic, & our product accessible to all of our customers.
Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.