Compass is building the first modern end-to-end real estate platform by integrating agents, buyers & sellers through technology. Until Compass, no one has achieved the blend of the Natural Intelligence that hundreds of thousands of enterprising real estate agents bring to this market, with the Artificial Intelligence that cloud, mobile & AI technologies enable. We are building AI to empower AI - Artificial Intelligence to empower Agent Intelligence.
As one of the fastest growing technology companies of our generation, in an industry larger than any other, we have an opportunity & obligation to build a world-class engineering team & the operating platform that will transform real estate. In 2019 we will triple the size of our engineering team & are searching for creative & inspiring colleagues at all levels of the engineering organization. Seattles vast talent pool & legacy of innovation make the city a perfect destination for our west coast team - come help craft the culture as we launch our new campus!
At Compass, our mission is to help everyone find their place in the world. This means we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our mission by ensuring that our place can be anyones place. Our entrepreneurship principles bind us together & inform how we tackle the tremendous challenges ahead.
About the Role
The Mobile TPM team specifically focuses on mobile-wide engineering initiatives across iOS & Android & spans all of our mobile products, such as Search, Agent Home, CRM, Collections, Marketing & Insights & more. The initiatives you drive will span deep technical improvements such as performance & reliability, development & deployment of scalable engineering systems (e.g. shift to cross-platform development), & product & data initiatives (e.g. instrumentation of customer usage & sentiment). You will look for ways to standardize, ensure execution is efficient & consistent, & set accountability by tracking progress, resolving dependencies, evaluating risks & communicating status to upper management & project stakeholders.
At Compass You Will:
- Provide programmatic leadership for technical initiatives that support our platform to power real estate agents, buyers, & sellers
- Improve product development & delivery. Mentor project management skills within our engineering leadership team.
- Project manage complex & large scale cross-team, cross-functional initiatives. Interface with engineering managers & engineers to estimate work efforts, define milestones & manage resources. Track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks & communicate status to upper management & project stakeholders. Engage & energize the project teams to achieve aggressive goals.
- Help manage the cross-functional strategic planning & business planning process, leading conversations with key stakeholders to develop concepts for strategic initiatives, & developing those into detailed program / project plans (including roadmaps, funding planning, resource planning, & hiring goals).
What We Look For:
- BA/BS in Computer Science & 5+ years of experience.
- Proven track record of technical program management in top talent & high-performance teams, directing initiatives across multiple teams & managers.
- Experience managing initiatives within large scale systems in rapid growth environments.
- Great mobile product sense; You love using mobile apps & are constantly thinking of new ideas or improvements for how to make the mobile experience better.
- Proficient in all 3 pillars of TPM: Technology, Program Management, & Product Management. They should be technically proficient to be ambassadors for Engineering. They should have had some level of Program/Project Management experience. They should understand the details & the KPIs around the Product that is being built.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills & exceptional emotional intelligence; Ability to influence & motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Solid technical aptitude & an ability to understand technical designs, challenges & risks; Engineers enjoy working closely with you.
- Desired but not required: Built a mobile app, given a tech talk or open-sourced a project.