Join the Silicon Valley SaaS leader thats powering the Subscription Economy!
Zuora (NYSE: ZUO) is a SaaS company & the worlds foremost evangelist of the Subscription Economy. Zuoras leading subscription relationship management platform helps enable businesses in any industry to launch or shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing & packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, open new revenue streams, & disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage. Zuora serves more than 800 companies around the world in almost every industry. The Subscription Economy Index (SEI) demonstrates that SEI companies are growing revenues approximately nine times faster than the S&P 500. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney & Tokyo.
Sound like a place for you?
Are you a skilled attorney with experience advising on cutting-edge privacy & data protection issues? Are you a relationship-andresults-oriented person who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment? If so, you just may be the perfect fit for our team as we focus on helping build the next great $1B+ SaaS company!
General Description of Role:
We are seeking a smart & enthusiastic attorney to join our growing privacy team & tackle challenging privacy projects to bring our Subscription Economy products & services to market. The Senior Privacy & Transactions Counsel will focus primarily on transaction support, counseling & program support for global privacy & data protection compliance across the company. You will also have primary responsibility for supporting, drafting & negotiating privacy & data protection agreements with customers, partners & vendors.
The successful attorney will:
- Negotiate data processing agreements with customers, partners & vendors to support Zuoras sales, operations & compliance obligations.
- Analyze new & current laws & regulations & advise on our privacy & security obligations to support our business, sales, compliance, marketing & product teams.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including senior management, on privacy & security matters to support operations & new initiatives to foster awareness & ensure compliance with regulatory & contractual obligations across the company.
- Assist in the continued improvement of Zuoras global privacy program (e.g., policies, procedures, training programs, compliance programs, playbooks, etc.).
- Coordinate with outside counsel as necessary with respect to data protection & security matters.
- Undertake other projects as required as part of a small legal team.
Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience, with a focus on privacy compliance, in-house counseling & agreement negotiations.
- Substantial knowledge of privacy & security laws & regulations, especially in the European Union, as they relate to a U.S. based technology company.
- Deep experience partnering with & providing timely support to in-house business partners is required.
- CIPP certification is strongly preferred.
- Substantial experience with SaaS & software is strongly preferred.
- Relevant law firm & in-house experience (ideally at a fast-growing, global SaaS company).
- Degree from a top law school with exceptional academic credentials.
Interpersonal Skills & Competencies: The ideal candidate -
- Is enthusiastic & intellectually curious about privacy & technology & energized by the challenges of serving a dynamic, high-growth company.
- Can prioritize & manage multiple matters simultaneously in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Is a creative thinker, who is comfortable with change & ambiguity & able to build scalable processes from the ground up.
- Can quickly identify & resolve issues, including balancing legal & business risks & giving clear & concise legal advice, in order to drive matters to close.
- Excels in communicating complex business, privacy & security issues to business leaders.
- Has meticulous attention to detail & quality of work product, & exceptional communication & negotiation skills.
Only candidates in good standing with at least one state Bar should apply. Position will be located in Zuoras San Mateo headquarters or at its Atlanta, GA or Boston, MA offices -no relocation offered for this position.