Company Description|Job Description
Based in Montreal, Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developers in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Are you passionate about video games & wanting to work in an exciting & dynamic environment? Behaviour is hiring a lead programmer on Dead by Daylight.As a lead, you will manage a team of programmers dedicated to delivering features & fixing bugs in a live environment on multiple SKUs (PC, PS4, XboxOne).
- Lead & manage a team of programmers;
- Build the schedule for the programming team;
- Assign tasks to programmers;
- Help estimating time to accomplish programming tasks & commit to meeting all objectives;
- Coach & guide the development of the team members;
- Plan, organize, follow-up & evaluate the work of the team;
- Actively work with leads & people from other departments: producers, directors, designers, & artists;
- Provide help & support with programming when needed;
- Perform other related duties.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience;
- At least 7 years of experience in the game industry;
- At least 3 years of experience as a lead programmer;
- At least one game shipped with a full life cycle delivery as a lead programmer;
- Extensive knowledge of C++ programming & debugging;
- Excellent programming, code design, & problem solving skills;
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills are essential;
- Flexibility, pragmatism & the ability to adapt to change are essential;
- Organized, independent, & self-motivated;
- Fluency in French & English is essential;
- Experience developing multiplayer games is a plus;
- Experience working on a live game is a plus;
- Experience with back-end systems is a plus;
- Experience with console development is a plus.
.All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.