Finance & Strategy Director, France
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago & finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years & we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at 7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking & travel to retail & communications - its clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FTs list of Europes fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, & we were the first company ever to win Deloittes UK Top 50 two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
About the Department
The Finance & Strategy teams core mission is to help Deliveroo make more effective decisions. We aim to build long term company value, & we achieve this by setting company strategy, facilitating world-class execution, understanding & sharing the drivers our business, delivering accurate financial results, all while managing risks & keeping an eye out for opportunities. Finally, its critical that we continually foster & evolve a team culture to allow for each team member to thrive & grow.
More specifically, you will:
- Partner with the French GM & country leadership team to help set the strategic direction of the market
- Aid in strategic, financial & operational planning & execution
- Leverage your commercial experience & knowledge to identify areas of strategic interest & frame approaches to tackle them
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders in the business to develop, track & analyse performance on strategic issues of importance
- Ensure linkage to central functions in execution of country initiatives, deployment of new products/capabilities & alignment with company-wide missions
- Drive key resource allocation discussions
- Lead your team to discover, analyze, & interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets to perform strategic analysis & research
- Build a world class finance & strategy organisation which aligns with Deliveroo's goals for the French market
For this role you need to be tenacious, sophisticated & have the following skill set:
- At least 5+ years experience working closely with senior leadership of leadership experience
- Fluent French & English speaker
- Ambitious, entrepreneurial, pragmatic, commercial, highly analytical, clear communicator, comfortable with ambiguity
- Successful track record operating, partnering with & influencing exec-level stakeholders
- Excel at solving unstructured problems
- Able to lead cross-functional teams without authority
- Strong knowledge of the restaurant industry or in any customer-obsessed business is a plus
We are a young company with dynamic growth, so you must be prepared to work hard & show continued commitment & dedication to the business.
Benefits & Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business, & we prioritise theirwelfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away & relocation. In 2018 we announced our decision to give every employee equity in the company. We did this because we wanted all of our employees, regardless of location, level or role to be owners & because we believe that this is the right thing to do. We believe this helps build a culture where everyone is committed & able to share in the companys success.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifullydiverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing start-ups around.