ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is seeking a corporate communications director to help craft & implement communications activities that support & promote our overall strategic priorities across business, technology & financial media, as well as help Peloton manage its brand reputation with consumers & investors. This person should be passionate about PR, tech, innovation & the evolving media landscape; a creative, strategic thinker & problem-solver with an affinity for details, an exceptional work ethic & a positive attitude.
- Work with head of communications & external PR agency to plan & implement a communications strategy for Peloton across business, technology & financial media.
- Build strategic relationships with business & tech outlets & influencers that will lead to media coverage.
- Identify, vet & proactively secure press interviews & speaking opportunities for key executives across relevant topics.
- Implement executive placement strategies, including speaking engagements, profiles, & Op-Eds to successfully position Peloton leadership as visionaries & thought leaders in the fitness, tech & media industries.
- Draft pitches & press releases for wide range of business announcements.
- Work closely with IR team on financial/business announcements, quarterly earnings & key messaging.
- Help craft a crisis communications playbook, working with key cross-functional partners across the business.
- Contribute to interview & speaking prep for executives, including the development of presentations, talking points, briefing documents, & other written & visual materials.
- 10+ years of experience working in corporate communications & media relations, preferably at a high-profile public company and/or a reputable PR firm that represents publicly traded companies & handles strategy & crisis management; financial or investor relations experience a plus
- Proven record of pitching & securing business-focused stories, & a deep understanding of the tech, business & media sectors
- Excellent written & verbal communication, & interpersonal skills
- Experience doing scenario planning & crisis communications
- Ability to work independently & proactively, & collaborate well within a small enterprising team of communications professionals
- Ability to bring new thinking & ideas to the communications team
- Highly organized, great attention to detail & ability to ruthlessly prioritize
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.