BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
We are looking for an experienced Executive Assistant to support our Chief Financial Officer & Chief People Officer. The ideal candidate will be a service-oriented, self-starting, proactive, & uber-organized human who can handle a BuzzFeed quiz as easily as they can set up a board meeting - & all with a great sense of humor.
The position is based in our LA office, & we offer competitive compensation, benefits & an employee stock option program. Not to mention a super collaborative work environment overflowing with perks.
- Provide high-level administrative support to BuzzFeeds Chief Financial Officer & Chief People Officer
- Manage calendars, & contacts
- Coordinate all meetings, conference calls, & interviews
- Arrange all travel including itineraries/agendas
- Prepare monthly expense reports
- Develop & maintain good relationships with key contacts within & outside of BuzzFeed
- Handle frequent projects successfully while prioritizing conflicting needs & managing constant interruptions
- Prior EA Experience Required
- Media or tech company experience is a plus
- Strong initiative & ability to work independently
- Interest in administrative duties with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Professional demeanor with a client facing presence
- Knowledge of Mac equipment & Apple programs very helpful
- Ability to treat highly confidential information with care & discretion
- Capacity for problem-solving & troubleshooting with strong focus on results
- Proficient in Google Apps & MS Office, including Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Excellent verbal & written communications skills with the ability to build rapport quickly & engage collaboratively with individuals at all levels
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.