You're a hunter. You love the thrill of the chase. You're a seller, but you're not a "salesperson." BuzzFeed is looking for a Recruiter to support full-cycle recruiting across various lines of business globally. Adaptability is your strong suit, & you're equally as comfortable recruiting/sourcing for an entry-level finance position as you are for a senior studio development role.
This position is located in our NYC or LA office & is open immediately (you're a recruiter, so you already knew you needed to move quickly!).
Our team is bi-coastal, split between NYC & LA. Both locations are bound by a shared love of creating an awesome candidate experience, always having the right GIF for a situation, & team happy hours. You'll report to our Director, Talent Acquisition, & work closely with the Recruiting & People teams at large, & maintain close relationships with stakeholders across the company.
- Create a global sourcing strategy that builds diverse candidate pipelines across our industry & levels.
- Be a utility player, helping to support the hiring needs across our business from sales, marketing, to content.
- Complete market research to understand where external talent pools exist & work collaboratively with internal teams to execute on diversity sourcing initiatives to tap into those talent pools.
- Analyze data to identify areas of improvement & provide data-driven recommendations to guide decisions related to future diversity sourcing strategies.
- Identify external organizations, local events & conferences that help create new sourcing channels for both our short-term & long-term hiring needs.
- Identify, organize and/or attend a variety of recruitment events to build our talent pipeline & promote BuzzFeeds employment brand
- Contribute to BuzzFeed Careers social media presence on Twitter & Instagram
- 4+ years of recruiting or sourcing experience, ideally in-house in a related industry
- Top-notch communication skills, expressed by your ability to write compelling, customized, & relevant sourcing messages & to conduct interviews that leave candidates feeling inspired & excited about BuzzFeed
- An understanding of the entire recruiting life-cycle & the ability to operate within each stage
- Proficiency using an ATS (we use Greenhouse)
- Experience sourcing, interviewing, negotiating, & networking with candidates at all levels of an organization
- No need for overly formal covers; instead, send a short note about why BuzzFeed excites you (and because your attention to detail is so impressive, it's simply addressed "Dear BuzzFeed Recruiting Team")
- Include a current rsum (ideally in .pdf; our ATS prefers that)
Life at BuzzFeed
BuzzFeed strongly believes that the more diverse our team, the better our work will be. BuzzFeed is committed to equal opportunity employment & celebrates inclusion in all circumstances. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for growth & development via work experience & offerings from our in-house Learning Team
Employee resource groups, frequent in-office events, volunteer opportunities, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We have offices in 19 cities around the world & more than 1500 employees including reporters, video producers, data scientists, engineers, brand strategists, & more. We value a culture of experimentation, teamwork, equality, humble confidence, & hard work (fused with fun). At BuzzFeed, youll work with inspiring colleagues to build tools & create content that helps connect people all over the world.