Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
Were also a very unique & imaginative brand that isnt afraid of highly expressive, experimental design, advertising & content in service of our mission & our customers. At the spiritual heart of this work is the Brand Design team. We drive our Mailchimps bold creative vision & uphold & evolve our visual identity across channels. Our team makes an exciting range of non-traditional work that benefits & inspires our employees & customers alike. We humbly accept the label of being Mailchimps secret sauce.
We're looking for a Senior Motion Designer to join ussomeone who is the best & brightest of motion design, someone who is eager to commit to our highly creative & gutsy brand, to push the barriers of how Mailchimp moves within our product, illustration & typography. An ideal candidate is someone whos an excellent communicator & collaborator, who can power through projects independently but thrive just as much in a team setting. As an in-house team, we want to make award-winning, groundbreaking work & this motion expert will help us get there together. We value creative, self-driven individuals who care about the work they produce & the people they work withand we love a good sense of humor, too.
What youll do:
- The execution & on-time delivery of high quality creative motion design work & motion graphics systems (including but not limited to: product UI, packaging elements for video such as title cards, transitions, lower thirds, end cards, etc., custom animations varying in length for our site, social channels & special projects)
- Help lead design team contributors on motion graphics, animation & video editing projects
- Oversee & lead the creative approach & execution of campaign design systems & projects with multiple deliverables that typically include motion graphics
- Collaborate with fellow designers & writers to deliver beautiful & communicative content
- Mentor fellow colleagues in motion graphics & animation work
- Advise on & help evolve the motion identity of Mailchimp to be articulated within our master brand guidelines
- Interact cross functionally as an advocate & facilitator for brand design
- Collaborate with internal partners ensuring roles & project scale & scope are clearly defined
- Direct external partners & vendors when necessary to ensure the brand vision, tone & voice is always coming off appropriately & successfully
- Maintain brand consistency while looking for ways to elevate the brand keeping it fresh & innovate
- Lead by example by following & enforcing department processes, procedures & expectations
Wed love to hear from you if you have:
- An online portfolio demonstrating strong conceptual thinking & impeccable craft with speed & efficiency across a variety of projects
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite, especially After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop & Premiere Pro
- Expertise in Procreate & Dragonframe
- Strong & diverse illustration skillsthe ability to create animations from scratch is required
- Experience in motion graphics as it relates to short form content, on-air packaging & overall video editing
- Experience establishing branded motion graphics systems to play out through campaigns & seasonal projects
- Emotional intelligence to think through design problems with partners & arrive at thoughtful & surprising solutions
- The capacity to mentor & lead fellow creatives to support individual growth as well as the health of the team
- Compassion & confidence in regards to giving & receiving feedback
- Exceptional written & verbal communication skills
- A desire to make visual & compelling content that is both engaging & informative
- A strong work ethic & willingness to jump in at any stage of a project
- Experience in illustration, graphic design, video and/or photography a plus
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.