Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africas most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, & Kampala, & Kigali, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role:
The Executive Assistant is experienced in handling a wide range of administrative & executive support-related tasks. He/She is able to work independently with little or no supervision. The Executive Assistant is a highly resourceful team-player, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, while remaining flexible, proactive, & efficient.
The individual has the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, the ability to anticipate & course correct. Seeking a highly organized individual who embodies the concept of continuous improvement. Valued skills for this role would be the ability to re-prioritize & pivot several times/day. He/She will report to the Executive Coordinator to the CEO & support the CEO, COO, & CFO.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
Typical day-to-day would involve:
- Owning & managing administrative tasks for the three principles listed.
- Managing appointments & an extremely busy/active calendar, ensuring that meetings commence & end on time.
- Developing systems & processes that allow the support function to scale while the execs & company scale.
- Assisting in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings & off-sites.
- Arranging & managing travel itinerary, agenda & logistics.
- Retiring expenses of the VP to the finance department.
- Assist the Executive Coordinator & the Executive Team by welcoming visitors/guests, organizing dinners & other corporate functions; coordinating responses to questions.
The key attributes for this role are:
- You are able to hit the ground running on assignments & tasks with minimal guidance.
- You are able to think expansively, modify ideas for problem solving, take full ownership of your responsibilities & be willing to go the extra mile to get work done.
- Everyday you are exposed to confidential information at the highest level of the organization & you need to not only maintain strict confidentiality but you must also use the information you gain to guide & prioritize your work.
Creative Problem Solving:
- You are able to see around corners, proactively anticipate blockers to daily operations & solve for them.
- You understand & prioritise the VPs concerns/needs, & recognise causes & consequences of actions & events that are not readily apparent.
- You are also able to understand the scope of operation of the Executive Office, as well as develop relationships outside your own team to help get work done.
- You have a strong ability to think strategically & plan for the future.
- You are able to deliver high-impact work within set timelines, while also being careful with all types of resources (e.g. money, time, materials etc).
- You understand the complexities of working with senior executives, & are able to navigate them seamlessly; you are unflappable.
- You understand confidentiality, & treat all persons at Andela in a way that encourages mutual respect, equality, diversity & inclusion.
A Deep Commitment to our Mission:
- You demonstrate ability & interest in creating large-scale change & impact.
In addition to the areas above, a great candidate for this role:
- Is a polished professional with two years minimum experience in a support function.
- Is thrilled by the idea & challenge of working in a fast paced start-up environment.
- Is comfortable with self managing.
- Takes satisfaction in a job well done & done on time.
- Is not afraid of hard work.
- Has a strong proficiency with the Google Suite of products (Mail, Calendar, Drive), as well as proficiency in designing, creating, & maintaining spreadsheets
- Has knowledge of Atlassian products & Salesforce (a plus, not mandatory).
- Has very strong attention to detail & is willing to double & triple check their work.
- Understands the complexities of working with people in multiple locations.
- Can plan & conduct complex & sensitive administrative & operational duties.
- Can organize & prioritize work & meet critical deadlines.
- Has very strong logistical management skills
- Is a calm & effective multi-tasker, who doesnt drop the balls
- Must be an all around awesome person we have a strict no jerks policy at Andela.
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people & technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends & family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe youre a good fit & well be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, & a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.