Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. The products & services are focused on technical recruiting, developer marketing, and enterprise knowledge sharing. Our clientele includes Google, Microsoft, Bloomberg, & many other Fortune 500 names.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to launch & manage a Deal Desk. This is a tremendous opportunity for someone who enjoys the challenge of a high growth environment & is steadfast in their pursuit of excellence. The Deal Desk Manager will sit at the intersection of Sales, Legal, Finance, Customer Success & Accounting, acting as a strategic advisor, managing deal flow & driving sustainable growth while minimizing sales cycle times. Fantastic collaboration skills are a must!
What youll do:
- Manage all aspects of a deal desk supporting sales in deal structuring, deal approval & deal management while focusing on minimizing sales cycle times while optimizing revenue, profitability, & market share based on business priorities
- Provide guidance to sales on pricing, revenue & contracts in the deal making process
- Drive best practices to increase sales efficiency & effectiveness via deal reviews, early checkpoint & enforcement of standard business practices & policies
- Review & approve complex quotes & sales orders
- Work closely with the Finance Team on billing & payment issue resolution
- Improve sales velocity by ensuring good collaboration with Rev Ops, Customer Success, Legal, & Product teams
What youll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business or a related competency
- 10+ years of software industry experience, (Deal Desk, Finance, Sales Operations experience preferred)
- Clear business focus & proven track record in commercial negotiations
- Self-motivated & able to work under pressure; diligent with deliverables & deadlines, able to multitask
- Solid understanding of software revenue recognition principles
- Experience in contract management
- Excellent interpersonal skills verbal & written
- Exceptional analytical skills along with the ability to demonstrate practical judgment in sophisticated situations
- Collaborative style with the ability to communicate clearly articulate on technical & operational issues
- Proficient knowledge of Salesforce
What youll get in return:
- Competitive Base Salary
- 20 days paid vacation
- Generous parental leave (12-16 weeks at 100% pay), family care leave, & unlimited sick days
- Stock options
- Completely free health insurance (no copay, no premiums)
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Employees will never be poked with a sharp stick
If you want to work remotely. Well reimburse you up to $2,000 to set up a great home office.
If you want to work in our office Youll be in our headquarters in New York City, & enjoy additional benefits like free lunch every day prepared by our own in-house chefs, transportation reimbursement, & all the espresso you can drink.
Employment is conditioned upon successful completion of a background check & upon having the appropriate legal right to work.
Diverse teams build better products.
Legally, we need you to know this:
Stack Exchange does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, military service eligibility, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, or any other protected class. We support workplace diversity.
But we want to add this:
We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company & better products. We are working hard to increase the diversity of our team wherever we can & we actively encourage everyone to consider becoming a part of it.