CommonBond is building a values-driven, customer-centric financial services company. Our mission is to change the way people think about student loans. We accomplish this with lower interest rates, a state-of-the art technology platform, & caring customer service. We also are the only financial services company with a 1-for-1 social program; for every loan funded, we fund the education of a child in the developing world. CommonBond has been named to the World's 50 Most Innovative Companies by Fast Company, the 50 Best Places to Work by, & the Forbes Fintech 50. We are backed by great investors, have an awesome team, & are looking for our next great team member.
We are looking for an Associate Creative Director (marketing), who can concept, craft & produce creative ideas across multiple products & projects. You must be self-motivated, flexible, & dedicated to delivering work that drives business outcomes & that is social by design. Your focus will be concepting & creating campaigns with our designers, across our suite of products. We are a small in-house team, so you must be equally at ease with owning large, high-impact projects, & working on smaller asks.
You will help form our creative strategy by becoming the in-house expert in data-driven creative strategy & best practices. You will manage creative projects throughout the entire production & reporting process & keep the VP of Creative informed of status
Applications submitted without a portfolio will not be considered
- Work in partnership with other creative team members, & at the direction of creative leadership to concept & plan execution of integrated campaigns & programs across a wide range of media & platforms: social, digital, video, experiences & content
- Concept & write campaign ideas that are earned-first & social by design as well as more tactical executions
- Work in concert with a wide range of specialties including account, strategy, project management, & influencer
- Develop tactics which bring creative concepts to life & achieve program objectives
- Manage multiple jobs simultaneously; managing & providing direction to other team members as needed
- Work closely with a project manager & production partners to schedule projects & coordinate production
- Prepare & present internal stakeholders presentations; Drive stakeholder approval process
- Work effectively with external vendors & internal colleagues to complete projects within timeframe & budget
The ideal candidate will have a passion for not only coming up with ideas but knowing how to sell them in & pull them off. Agency experience within a creative department is a must, as is a background of concept development & video & social platform executions. The candidate must have experience in copy & content writing, in an individual & team capacity, in all mediums. The candidate must also be able to present their work effectively to internal stakeholders.
- Experience managing day-to-day changes at every level of detail & handling them with a team-oriented, entrepreneurial spirit
- 3+ years experience in performance marketing and/or direct-response creative production at agencies, leading startups or large digital brands
- Deep understanding of paid social acquisition & direct-response creative best practices
- Experience with financial services marketing strongly preferred
- Previous roles in advertising or creative communications, a portfolio of ideas & executions demonstrating strong conceptual & executional writing skills
- Experience using analytical tools I.E. Google Sheets, Excel, project management software, Facebook Ads Manager
- Production experience in writing & execution for video, digital & social platforms Ability to prioritize & manage work, adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
You can work in our New York City HQ; or remotely from anywhere in the US (as long as you work east coast hours). As a heads up, due to the on-going pandemic of COVID-19, if you choose to work from our NYC HQ, it is likely that youll start working remotely.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.