Job Type: Event Coordinator Intern (Marketing Department)
Compensation: College Credit
Duration: August - December 2022
Commitment: Must be eligible to receive college credit & work 3 days a week.
Magnet Media is a creative studio that helps brands connect with audiences via video production, podcasts, & social media content. At Magnet, we are driven by our passion for telling stories that matter. We believe using storytelling + data is the best way to drive business results. Our strategic & creative capabilities have kept us at the forefront of digital media for 20 years, working side by side with many of the largest companies in the world, helping them derive business value from content solutions. Magnet Media's current & past clients include Google, JP Morgan Chase, UBS, YouTube, IBM, Nickelodeon, Mattel, Goldman Sachs, Citigroup, Adobe, Airbnb & dozens of other world-class brands. We are looking for someone with shared passion to add on to our current team.
The Event Coordinator Intern will play a key role in supporting our events & marketing programs. The role will also support the marketing team by providing assistance with events management, program execution, virtual event production, speaker & program communication. The Event Coordinator Intern reports to the VP of Events. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual interested in learning more about conference management for marketing based events that are driven by brand storytelling. The internship offers exciting hands-on experience & the opportunity to gain new skills. The position will focus on virtual & hybrid event production.
- Assist with the planning & execution of The State of the Story Events (Summit 2022) & client related events for Magnet Media.
- Assist VP of events in vetting virtual/hybrid event management platforms
- Create & maintain a CMO (Chief Marketing Officer) Speaker database
- Set up virtual event platform demos for event management team
- Organize & maintain the run of show (event schedule) for The State of the Story Summit 2022
- Assist in setting up VIP speaker briefing meetings for events team
- Assist with VIP Speaker kits & confirmation emails for The State of the Story Summit
- Assist the VP of Events in organizing the pre-recorded fireside chat & round table discussions.
- Create a hybrid event venue list (for the New York area)
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- Passion for virtual events & technical event platforms.
- Works well in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for conference & event production.
- Good communication & time management skills.
- Proven writing skills & attention to detail.
- General knowledge of Google Sheets
- Must work positively & collaboratively with other team members.
What We Can Offer You:
- Hands-on industry experience, access, & network
- Teach/show you how to turn a concept into a B2B event
- Teach/show how to build an organized event program
Life at Magnet
Since our inception 20 years ago, weve continued to uphold our original mission of telling stories that matter, so that we live in a more inclusive & equitable world. This means having an intentional focus on including people of color, veterans, LGBTQIA+, people from different faiths, cultures, & religions, single dads, women returning to work after raising children...from brand new citizens to those whose family came over on the Mayflower, & both junior protegs & sage experienced talent. Differently together is what drives our passion for meaningful creative storytelling.
At Magnet, youll find talents from around the world with a variety of experiences bonding over coffee, video games, books, pets, sports, interior design, music, the latest meme or streaming series... & many more! We believe in working smart & prioritizing our mental health, thats why we require our team members to take paid self-care day once every quarter & company-wide remote lunches once or twice a month to destress & catch up with each other.