As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The role is a self-organized Android Software Engineer with solid mobile development experience. In this position, you are first & foremost a passionate & talented developer that can work in a dynamic environment as a member of Agile Scrum teams. Your strong technical leadership, problem-solving abilities, coding, testing & debugging skills is just a start. You must be dedicated to filling product backlog & delivering production-ready code. You must be willing to go beyond the routine & prepared to do a little bit of everything.
Major Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop next generation mobile payment applications; write solid code following best development practices.
- Work as a part of scrum team executing the products requirements working with UX, product management & other teams in an agile manner.
- Provide subject matter expertise for Androidplatform.
- Develop mobile framework & UI based on best practices.
- Execute POCs for visionary initiatives.
- Work independently & provide guidance to junior developers.
- 2 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD, or PhD)
- 3 or more years of work experience or more than 2 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering or other related fields with a minimum of 4years of experience in Android application development.
- Knowledge of Androidtechnologies & development tools - Java, Kotlin, Android Studio, & Android Build Systems.
- Passion for user experience & knowledge of Android Application Patterns as per the Android Development Guidelines or Apple's interface guidelines.
- Strong foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms & software design optimized for mobile platform.
- Solid coding practices including good design documentation, unit testing, source control (GIT, SVN etc) & peer code-reviews.
- Knowledge Android/iOS platform & OWASP security practices.
- Experience using RESTful APIs to integrate mobile applications to server side systems.
- Very good understanding in all phases of SDLC, security requirements, multi-tier application development with hardware interaction, deep understanding of network protocols & blue tooth technology, test driven development, SDK development - maintenance & support.
- Strong interpersonal & facilitation skills along with effective communication (both written & verbal) skills.
- Sound planning, organizational & problem solving skills, excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines & commitments in an environment that require multitasking among concurrent projects.
- Ability to provide thought leadership on mobile excellence & practice.
- Ability & desire to learn new skills & take on new initiatives.
- Experience in iOS development & development tools is a plus.
- Proven ability to work & have fun in a team environment.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
EEO Statement Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.