ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is looking for a detail oriented Project Manager to coordinate the launch of digital products, sales, editorial & partnership initiatives. This person will work with key stakeholders from all lines of business to communicate project status & immediately roll up their sleeves to remove any barriers to progress.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Partner with primary stakeholders to carry out the expected business goals & vision, while working closely with the project team, which is comprised Product Managers, Designers, Developers, Data Analysts & QA
- Effectively lead & own a project so that all stakeholders understand their roles & responsibilities, & clearly communicate their deliverables
- Set deadlines & milestones, & stick to them & also hold others accountable as a project leader
- Keep stakeholders informed of day-to-day project statuses, & potential risks
- Manage sponsorship projects from ideation phase through execution & launch
- Update Product Roadmap as priorities & timelines shift
- Support projects from the various business verticals, including Ad Sales, Editorial, Marketing, & Business Development
- Work with external licensees & vendors on digital product initiatives
- Help to find solutions for competing priorities while managing stakeholder preferences
- Use your product knowledge to help balance development of requirements against known technical capabilities & limitations
- Instrument project processes by creating, managing, & updating documentation
- Run Sprint Planning & Grooming sessions as well as daily Engineering stand ups
- Maintain multiple JIRA project boards
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 3-5 years experience in a consumer-facing technical project management role
- Knowledge of project management processes including Agile, Kanban, Waterfall
- Strong knowledge of PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, Excel, & Outlook
- Excellent management & organizational skills
- Experience working with project management software such as, MS Project, JIRA
- Dynamic problem-solving skills & the ability to work with cross-functional internal teams
- An ability to effectively communicate with both business & technical teams
- Strong communication, presentation & writing skills.
- Must be comfortable communicating with executives & vendors
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary & equity packages
- Flexible vacation policy & generous holiday observances
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time role based in New York, NY.