Common is the nations leading residential brand offering convenience & community through coliving & traditional apartments. Our signature approach to end-to-end property management & technology offerings allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 35 buildings, 6 cities, & over 1,000 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free & all-inclusive living environment, & for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, & Washington, D.C. & receive over 4,000 new member applications per week.
Its an exciting time to be part of Commons team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, & so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, & embrace a whatever it takes mentality to ensure our work is done & done well. Common sits squarely at the intersection between technology & real estate, working everyday to build quality residential solutions that bring positive change to the worlds rental housing crisis.
Common was founded by Brad Hargreaves & has raised over $65MM in venture funding. Brad is a visionary leader with vast experience in the technology & service space, previously founding the education company General Assembly.
To follow the latest Common news, get to know our community of residents, & learn about what its like to work at Common, you can follow us on Instagram, Linkedin, & Twitter. To see more open roles & hear from Common employees check out our Careers Page.
About the Role
We are looking for a Social Media Associate reporting to our Senior Communications Manager who will execute a social media & content strategy for a new exciting brand at Common, Noah. Noah is Commons workforce housing brand, focused on proving high-quality & reliable apartments to everyday people. Our first three buildings are in Hampton Roads, VA with more openings scheduled throughout 2020. To learn more, visit NoahApartments.com or follow us at @noahapartments.
- Build, optimize, & execute content on all social channels
- Engage with the community & interact with Noahs social audience
- Develop & report on metrics to measure the effectiveness of organic & paid social media campaigns
- Define a cohesive social media strategy & calendar inclusive of key brand messages & moments in partnership with Commons Content Manager
- Assist the Communications team in maintaining the Noah blog & develop copywriting skills aligned with the brands voice
- Maintain database of Noah brand partnerships
- Stay up to date with competition & the brand marketing landscape, identifying emerging social media trends & areas of opportunity
- Work with the graphic design team to develop all creative content
- Assist in other ad hoc brand marketing projects related to Noah
- 2 - 4 years of relevant experience in social media
- Proven success in growing brand(s), followers, & engagement rates
- Excitement around brand & narrative development
- Exceptional writing & editing skills particularly with social media copy & editorial
- A good visual eye & ability to develop & identify quality content
- Track record in handling multiple priorities with many stakeholders
- Nimble & resourceful problem solver
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience in a content/marketing role
Bonus Points For
- Previous published editorial
- Passion for the future of housing
- Previously ran a brands social accounts
- Experience with Photoshop
What We Offer
Common truly values our employees & wants to do everything to ensure that our employees are not only happy & professionally fulfilled, but also that they have the opportunity to be healthy. Because of this, we are committed to providing a number of affordable & valuable health & wellness benefits for our employees such as paid vacation & sick time, medical, dental & vision insurance, Company paid life insurance, Company paid STD/LTD, FSA + HSA options, commuter transit benefits, generous paid parental leave & a 401K. Additional benefits such as equity, paid holidays, weekly team lunches + happy hours, a fully stocked kitchen, job training + development opportunities + a great wellness program are also available. And as always, we are regularly evaluating our offerings to ensure employees needs are being met.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates & qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability, military or veteran status or any other basis protected under applicable federal or state law.