The team is working on expanding content recommendation to more platforms & more feature verticals. We are looking for an experienced engineering manager who is passionate about & has a track record of building machine learning powered products to join this team.
- Evolve personalization product & technical roadmap & drive for its execution.
- Manage & grow a team of machine learning engineers, software engineers, data engineers, & data scientists responsible for content recommendations & other personalization experiences.
- Establish processes to effectively improve machine learning, engineering & operational excellence.
- Identify & drive the adoption of new technologies, architecture & skill sets for the team to take on new challenges.
- Partner closely with Recruiting to identify & hire strong candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Motivate & drive a continuous performance-based culture within the team. Provide adequate management support for the team in the form of team meetings, 1:1s & other forums as needed to support the group & individual development objectives of team members.
- Coach & mentor team members. Foster their career growth through setting objectives, regular feedback, & sharing best practices.
- Lead by example to actively maintain & build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, & trust.
- Collaborate cross functionally with Engineering, Product, Product Analytics, Program Management, & others to develop short- & long-term roadmaps & execution plans.
- Handle planning & breaking down large projects; Manage program & project risks appropriately; Identify & mitigate internal & cross-functional dependencies & blockers.
- Drive technical decision making through objectively assessing trade offs based on architecture, scope, business priorities, & impact to product experience.
- Leverage a strong technical foundation & experience to provide appropriate guidance in a team of senior & staff machine learning engineers & software engineers.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related quantitative field with a focus on machine learning & mathematics. Strong background in software engineering.
- 3+ years of technical management experience.
- 8+ years of combined machine learning & software development experience. Demonstrable experience building & deploying machine learning systems in production. Experience building recommender systems preferred.
- Experience setting a strong vision & roadmap for the team; Actively involved in setting teams long term goals & execution plans.
- Experience working with Agile methodology & delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team.
- Demonstrable experience shipping several large projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Ability to mediate between competing product & technical priorities; align priorities & goals through collaboration with technical leads & product managers.
- Experience with coaching & mentoring engineers at different stages in their career, including senior & staff level engineers. Able to demonstrate the ability to identify the strength & weaknesses of individuals in order to maximize team effectiveness.
- Experience hiring talented engineers at different levels.
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) & based in our New York City HQ once safe to re-open the office.
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, & the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, & convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, & media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, & world-class streaming digital fitness & wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, & Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, & Chromecast & Android TV. Founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.