Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We want people who are passionate about creating experiences that our customers & peers will love.
Reporting to the Head of Data & Analytics, the Analytics Manager will collaborate with business partners across the organization to catalyze growth by providing robust & relevant analysis, insights & actionable data-guided recommendations. The ideal candidate for this position will be comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The analytics team is hands-on with a wide variety of datasets, including salesforce data, product behavior data, financial/payment data, trust & safety data, & operational/infrastructure data.
What Youll Be Doing:
- Lead cross-functional projects using advanced data modeling & analysis techniques to discover insights that will guide strategic decisions & uncover optimization opportunities
- In particular this role will work with Customer Support & Success initially, & analytics related to that functional area
- Recruit, train, develop & supervise analyst-level employees
- Dive into a variety of datasets becoming a subject matter expert on the data generated by, & used by our User Experience, Product, Customer Success, Support, & Sales teams
- Design & build technical processes to address business issues
- Oversee the data/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc
- Share a range of information, reasoning, insights & recommendations that will drive decisions by our key stakeholder teams, from simple SQL queries, to more advanced long-term modeling & strategic analysis
- Build & maintain inclusive partnerships directly with key stakeholders across DO, proactively identifying opportunities to provide clear data-guided reasoning & insights that validate or refute existing hypotheses & lead to new, impactful outcomes or initiatives
- Organize & drive successful completion of data insight initiatives through effective management of analyst & data employees & effective collaboration with stakeholders
- Evangelize & facilitate the development & implementation of quality controls & departmental standards to ensure standardized KPIs & consistent measurement methodologies
What Well Expect From You:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, Economics, or other quantitative field, MBA is a plus
- At least 5 years of experience in quantitative analytics role, & 3 years of experience leading a team, preferably in a high-growth environment, working across multiple stakeholders, teams or businesses
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises & cloud-based data sources
- Strong ability to plan & manage numerous processes, people & projects simultaneously.
- Ability to be efficient & work independently while also being able to collaborate effectively in a group setting, organize & manage multiple assignments & deadlines
- Demonstrable critical thinking & analytical skills, including the ability & confidence to make conclusions & recommendations for action from data
- Proactive communication skills & track record of setting & executing on clear, realistic deliverable timelines
- Experience building easily digestible data visualizations, dashboards & reports
- Advanced experience querying data (SQL), & ad hoc analysis (Excel)
- Experience with data modeling in Looker or other BI tool (e.g. Tableau)
- Bonus: Prior experience working with success or support teams
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC & Cambridge, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here