SecurityScorecard is the global leader in cybersecurity ratings, with over 12 million companies continuously rated, operating in 64 countries. Founded in 2013 by security & risk experts Dr. Alex Yampolskiy & Sam Kassoumeh & funded by world-class investors, SecurityScorecards patented rating technology is used by over 25,000 organizations for self-monitoring, third-party risk management, board reporting, & cyber insurance underwriting; making all organizations more resilient by allowing them to easily find & fix cybersecurity risks across their digital footprint.
Headquartered in New York City, our culture has been recognized by Inc Magazine as a "Best Workplace, by Crains NY as a "Best Places to Work in NYC," & as one of the 10 hottest SaaS startups in New York for two years in a row. Most recently, SecurityScorecard was named to Fast Companys annual list of the Worlds Most Innovative Companies for 2023 & to the Achievers 50 Most Engaged Workplaces in 2023 award recognizing forward-thinking employers for their unwavering commitment to employee engagement. SecurityScorecard is proud to be funded by world-class investors including Silver Lake Waterman, Moodys, Sequoia Capital, GV & Riverwood Capital.
About the team
As a part of the Attribution team, you will design & implement systems for ingesting, transforming, storing, & delivering data from a wide range of sources at scale (many billions of records per day), to enable us to associate domains, networks & IPs to companies on a continuous basis.
What you will do
- The ideal candidate would be someone who has significant experience building, refactoring & maintaining complex data pipelines using the latest technologies. We are in the process of reengineering our existing pipelines to improve performance, eliminate batch processes, & increase the sophistication of our machine learning models.
- To be successful long term, youll need to have or rapidly develop domain expertise regarding how the internet works. The Attribution team is our reservoir of domain knowledge regarding DNS, WHOIS, routing, etc. & you will work in close collaboration with the Data Science & Threat Intelligence teams to build effective algorithms & models that scale.
- Make recommendations regarding technologies, improvements to data models, & processes taking into account, cost, complexity, & performance.
- Automate the infrastructure supporting the data pipeline as code & deployments by improving CI/CD pipelines. Monitor, troubleshoot, & improve the data platform to maintain stability & optimal performance.
- Diplomatically partnering with engineering, product, & data teams to innovate & enable business critical applications, tools, & data intelligence at scale.
- Collaborating with product managers, developers, & data engineers to empower & evolve the culture of data driven decision making.
- Designing, developing, & improving self-service user experience & tools.
- Experience working on and/or a demonstrable understanding of messaging/queuing systems or stream processing systems.
- A strong understanding & experience with topics related to platform scale, security, availability, deployment & operation
- 3-5 years of experience designing, building, or supporting high performance distributed systems.
- 7+ years of experience building software in preferably Scala or Java.
- Solid understanding in designing & building web-based APIs
- 3+ years of experience working with tools supporting streaming pipelines using Kafka, Akka (plus), Spark Streaming (plus).
- Working knowledge of the Go programming language (plus).
Experience writing unit tests, performing code reviews, & leading/participating in design discussions about architecture, data shape, & business logic.
We offer a competitive salary, stock options, a comprehensive benefits package, including health & dental insurance, unlimited PTO, parental leave, tuition reimbursements, & much more!
SecurityScorecard is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity & embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring & retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skill sets, ideas, & perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit & do not discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex or gender (including pregnancy) gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, disability status or any other protected category in accordance with applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, in accordance with applicable law. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact email@example.com.
SecurityScorecard does not accept unsolicited resumes from employment agencies.