Do you ever wonder what happens inside the cloud?
Headquartered in New York but based around the world, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers around the world. Our mission is to simplify cloud computing for every developer. We are working on solving some of the most challenging & interesting technology projects around, on a scale unmatched by most.
We are looking for a content expert with demonstrated experience leading content initiatives from start to finish, strong writing & editing skills, & a passion for creating compelling content for technical audiences.
Reporting to the Director of Content Marketing & working with the Product Marketing & Revenue Marketing teams, the Content Marketing Manager will take ownership over key content initiatives, suggest new content opportunities, & take a hands-on role in producing content ranging from blog posts to whitepapers & videos. As part of a small but growing content marketing team, the Content Marketing Manager will play an integral role in defining & growing DigitalOceans content strategy.
What youll be doing:
- Grow DigitalOceans blog readership by managing the blog content calendar, writing blogs for a developer & SMB audience, & editing contributions from other DigitalOcean team members
- Identify opportunities for & lead the execution of new content marketing initiatives such as whitepapers, ebooks, podcasts, or video series
- Work closely with Product Marketing & other marketing teams to identify & create compelling customer case studies for multiple mediums (blog, email, video, etc)
- Collaborate with other content marketing team members to define & enforce the DigitalOcean voice & style guidelines
- Working with the Demand Generation team, identify areas of opportunity for search optimization & produce SEO-focused content
- Report on the success of key content marketing initiatives & implement data-driven changes to improve content performance
- Become an expert in the cloud computing & developer spaces, suggesting new content topics based on current trends
What we'll expect from you:
- 5-8 years in a content-focused role, with a proven track record of overseeing content marketing initiatives with demonstrated business results
- A passion for writing & editing medium & long-form content, with excellent storytelling abilities, editing instincts, & grammatical skills
- Strong project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects at once & work cross-functionally to ensure deadlines are met
- The ability to write on technical topics for multiple audiences, including developers & small businesses
- Ability to generate reports on key performance metrics & clearly communicate the results
- Experience writing SEO-optimized content & knowledge of SEO best practices
- Experience creating content for a technical, developer-focused audience is a plus
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC & Cambridge, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Marketing #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Marketing team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!