About Our Company
M.M.LaFleur is a female-founded womenswear company based in New York City. We believe the world is a better place when women succeed, so we celebrate the modern professional woman through our clothing, styling, & community. Our thoughtfully designed pieces are practical, comfortable, & beautiful, & we hope that when you wear them, you feel like the most polished & powerful version of yourself. Our goal is to take the work out of dressing for workwhether that means heading to the office, networking over brunch, leading PTA meetings, or anything in between.
Who are we?
We're a group of go-getters who are passionate about reimagining the way women shop & dress for work. We get inspiration from our customers, & everything we design has a purpose & a human touch. We think big, but we sweat the details, & we take our work (but never ourselves) seriously. Were steady but nimble, thanks to a whip-smart, energetic team thats not afraid to be scrappy. We are perfectionists who sometimes spill on our clotheswe own our mistakes, turn challenges into growth, & evolve as we learn. We embrace ambiguity, celebrate weird ideas, & love a work in progress. We are kind but direct, & we practice Kizukaia Japanese word that means empathy in action. We are incredibly proud of the team weve built, & were excited to continue evolving as we grow.
Our corporate office is located in lower Manhattan, but to prevent the spread of Covid-19, most of our positions are currently remote.
Overview of Role
As a member of the Creative + Brand Marketing Team, the Director of Brand Communications will focus on developing a holistic brand strategy for M.M. This role combines a number of areas of expertise to fuel a holistic public brand presence. Reporting to the VP of Brand & Creative, the Director of Brand Communications will develop integrated approaches to marketing our brand, from press placement to product marketing to content marketing. They will act as an authority on the M.M. brand & how the organization operates within this brand identity. The Director of Brand Communications will oversee the Brand Editor, Copywriter, & some functions of the Senior Product Marketing Associate.
- PR/Media Communications
- Build media relations strategy, seeking high-level placement in various forms of media including print, digital, & broadcast
- Manage PR consultants to pitch product coverage, brand thought leadership, speaking engagements, & other press
- Oversee media relations for executive team, including participation in & preparation for conferences & panels
- Plan & execute editor events or other PR functions
- Create content for press releases & print features
- Develop & manage influencer + brand ambassador programming
- Report on PR + media results on a weekly basis
- Establish goals & track KPIs to ensure programs are driving acquisition & brand growth
- Integrated Marketing
- Oversee the creation & production of literature in conjunction with product launches + performance marketing initiatives
- Develop a strong product marketing strategy to drive increased interactions with specific product launches + pushes
- Identify & enact worthy brand partnerships
- Source + encourage communications around charitable events + partnerships
- Content Marketing
- Work with Brand Editor + Copywriter to develop written content that drives customer acquisition & retention, bringing larger numbers of customers to the M.M. website
- Analyze content KPIs to determine the most successful & marketable content initiatives; develop this type of content to share with Performance Marketing Team
- Collaborate with Social Media Manager to drive a social strategy that seamlessly blends brand content, product features, & marketing initiatives
- Develop strategies to distribute content more widely, such as syndication or link-swapping
- Engage SEO tactics to make articles & content more easily findable
As a member of the Brand Marketing Team, this role plays a crucial part in ensuring successful cross-team & cross-department communications. This role will work closely with the following cross-functional teams:
- Performance Marketing
- 8+ years relevant experience
- Bachelors degree preferred
- Strong written & verbal communication skills