Nextdoor is where neighbors turn for trusted connections & the exchange of helpful information, goods, & services. Nextdoors purpose is to cultivate a kinder world where everyone has a neighborhood they can rely on.
Building connections in the real world is a universal human need. That truth, & the reality that neighborhoods are one of the most important & useful communities in our lives have been guiding principles for Nextdoor. Today, neighbors rely on Nextdoor in neighborhoods around the world in the United States, the United Kingdom, Germany, France, the Netherlands, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Australia & Canada, with many more to come.
Meet your Future Neighbors
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, we are searching for a leader who can be a force-multiplier to join our marketing & global leadership team. As Head of Marketing & Global Operations, this person will help design & orchestrate our teams strategy & planning efforts to ensure we get the best result. This person will help us regularly inspect our progress so that we can hold ourselves accountable for achieving our desired results. There will be an immediate impact on the marketing team & global teams productivity, ability to streamline strategic initiatives & communicate objectives within the team & cross-functionally. In short this person will be the glue that keeps us working together as a cohesive & effective team.
The Head of Marketing & Global Operations will be a highly trusted member of the team -- analytical, strategic, & highly collaborative. This person will help oversee the teams internal operations while driving consensus both within the division & across the organization. This role will manage the team OKRs, planning processes & board meeting prep. This person will create decision making frameworks, manage priorities & improve the teams systems & processes. To be successful, this person must be highly capable of navigating competing demands & priorities in a fast paced & at times ambiguous environment. This person must be willing & comfortable operating at a strategic, tactical & operational level & be nimble in helping meet timely business needs or gaps in leadership & accountability. This role will be critical in ensuring that we have a strong, candid team dynamic by creating an optimal environment for productive, professional dialogue. And, that we are successfully able to tackle complex issues while accelerating the teams ability to overcome obstacles & reach our goals. The successful candidate will ensure that everyone is able to level up as a result of their leadership, grace & agility.
The Impact Youll Make
Strategy, Planning & Program Management
- Lead & drive alignment around our marketing & global strategy & OKRs during annual & quarterly company planning processes, forming a plan with clear goals & asks
- Execute & monitor progress to plan; keep marketing & global functions accountable to goals & committed actions by developing & tracking performance metrics, assessing leading & lagging indicators & providing data-driven recommendations to where the leaders need to focus in order to meet goals or revisit plans
- Drive progress against goals & objectives, establish clear next steps & owners, collaborate to ensure stakeholders are aware & accountable for action items & resolve blocks that impede progress
- Identify & take on strategic ad hoc projects; facilitate the collaboration & coordination of the execution & delivery of large, often cross-functional, team & company-wide projects or initiatives
- Implement company-wide programs & processes that impact our go to market & global teams & foster improvements in transparency, communication & productivity
- Have a strong pulse & feedback loop on process rollout gaps, team communication challenges & what is going on where; iterate & explore a range of options to facilitate processes
- Support marketing & global teams with effective communication, proactive problem solving, information distribution & resourcing solutions
- Seasoned at building storylines & guiding the team to prepare for presentations to executives (e.g., board meetings)
What Youll Bring to The House
- 10+ years demonstrated experience in a senior marketing strategy & operations role, or similar
- Demonstrated history of working in the technology industry for companies in growth & mature stages
- MBA preferred
- Strategic thinker comfortably able to dive into any area of the business or product, understand the business needs & facilitate executive decisions based on trade-offs & changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to set clear expectations & deliver results that meet established goals
- Experience troubleshooting, problem solving & creating programs or impactful solutions to resolve an identified problem or gap with measurable results
- A strong ability to gather & use data strategically to create improvements & influence others
- Able to monitor the health of the team & recommend improvements
- High tolerance for ambiguity & complexity; efficient with limited resources
- Hands on & in the details where needed
- Able to speak in front of senior audiences as well as write clearly, concisely, & compellingly
- High EQ & strong interpersonal skills; a can do attitude
- A trusted advisor with highest level of integrity & management of confidential information
At Nextdoor, we empower our employees to build stronger local communities. To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest & conviction records.