Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the worlds first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable & financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories & home decor from 700+ brand partners & has built in-house proprietary technology & a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO & Co-Founder Jennifer Hymans leadership, RTR has been named to CNBCs Disruptor 50 five times in ten years, & has been placed on Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the TIME 100 most influential people in the world & as one of People magazines Women Changing the World.
About the Job:
The Senior Manager, Facilities is responsible for overseeing all maintenance & janitorial functions within a warehousing facility. They are responsible for all machinery including cleaning equipment (washers, dryers, & spotting stations), supporting infrastructure (boilers, generators, & air compressors), finishing equipment (autobaggers & steam tunnels), conveyance (monorail system & package sorter as applicable), HVAC & all other mechanical devices within the facility. They are responsible for engaging their team to maintain the highest levels of safety, production, cost & quality while maintaining a positive employee experience. The Senior Manager, Facilities is a servant leader; dive in, roll up your sleeves to help in any situation, make tools available, remove obstacles for associates to excel in their roles, have empathy & compassion for associates, & the passion & leadership to stand up for them when the time arises.
What Youll Do:
- Responsible for managing & overseeing facilities & janitorial teams across all shifts in the operation, including monitoring performance, providing feedback, & developing talent.
- Youll be responsible for 3 buildings: 2 Secaucus locations & our HQ in Dumbo, Brooklyn
- Actively lead with safety, production, cost & quality at the forefront of all decision making
- Establish & meet KPIs for machine operations
- Identify root cause issues, create programs & plans to improve & drive long term, sustainable & repeatable solutions to improve all metrics in the department
- Become an expert in all RTR automation equipment
- Responsible for inventory management & storage of spare part equipment inventory & dry cleaning supplies, solvents, detergents & spotting chemicals
- Partner with Procurement for ordering & maintaining necessary supply levels for: spare parts, cleaning supplies, & necessary equipment needed for repairs
- Responsible for non-hazardous waste manifest & removal schedule
- Develop & document preventative maintenance routines, schedules & SOPs
- Ensure operations are up to industry safety & cleanliness standard
- Drive performance & process changes based on lean initiatives to drive operational efficiency & quality customer service
- Maintain strong working knowledge of all processes & policies
- Ownership & accountability for teams daily decision making & execution
- Communicate across all levels of the operation
- Enforce safety guidelines, cleanliness & security standards
- 6 to 12 years of related experience working in manufacturing, warehouse or industrial environment including oversight of large scale warehouse systems & equipment
- 5 to 7 years experience leading & developing people & teams & warehouse systems & equipment
- Experience with Kaizen & Lean Manufacturing techniques
- Experience managing a budget
- Experience with developing/documenting procedures/SOPs/maintenance routines
- Capable of making decisions independently
- Have a positive, can-do attitude & excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong written & verbal communication
- Strong planning & organizational skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills (eg. spreadsheet software, powerpoint/slides) as well as the ability to operate warehouse tools (eg. scanner, ladder, warehouse software)
- Forward-thinkers with the ability to articulate point of view & improve processes
- Must operate with a sense of urgency & have attention to detail
- Align with the company's Core Values to ensure a world class customer experience
- Ability to lift up to a maximum of 50 lbs based on needs of the role
- Ability to work flex shifts, hours, nights & weekends as business dictates
- Experience in one or more of the following trades: steamfitting, pipefitting, electrical, refrigeration, chillers & conveyance
- Knowledge of installation & maintenance of hydraulic & pneumatic components of machines & equipment including dry cleaning, laundry, refrigeration, compressors, pumps, HVAC a plus
- Black seal boiler license a plus
At Rent the Runway, were committed to the wellbeing of our employees, & aim to create a workplace that fosters both personal & professional growth. Our inclusive benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Paid Time Off including vacation, paid bereavement, & family sick leave - every employee needs time to take care of themselves & their family.
- Universal Paid Parental Leave for both parents + flexible return to work program - because we know your newest family member(s) deserve your undivided attention.
- Paid Sabbatical after 5 years of continuous service - Unplug, recharge, & have some fun!
- Exclusive employee subscription & rental discounts - to ensure you experience the magic of renting the runway (and give us valued feedback!).
- Comprehensive health, vision, dental, FSA & dependent care from day 1 of employment - Your health comes first & weve got you covered.
- 401k match - an investment in your future.
- Company wide events & outings - our team spirit is no joke - we know how to have fun!
- Hybrid Work - when our corporate employees return to the office post COVID they will have the option to work remotely 2-3 days a week, in accordance with Company policies.
COVID-19 VACCINE REQUIREMENT:
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you & if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy & applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 & over), national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing & characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.