WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, & services that enable them to do what they love & create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, & our own team members are central to that goal.
The Building Technology teams mission is to Empower WeWork & its Members with world-class technology infrastructure, support & services. We are building best in class systems to deliver technology infrastructure & IT services to our Members in an automated, elastic, & easy-to-consume way. The technology we build & manage has allowed WeWork to scale to 300+ buildings in 20+ countries & continues to be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow. Ultimately our goal is to make technology as frictionless as possible for our Members so that they can focus on creating their lifes work.
As a Technical Program Manager at WeWork, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal & external customers, & launch programs & manage them effectively through the entire project lifecycle. This includes handling project schedules, identifying risks & clearly communicating them to project stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate is equally at home explaining their analyses, program objectives, recommendations to executives as they are with discussing technical trade-offs in program development with engineers.
You are also highly autonomous, possesses effective written & verbal communication skills, strong sense of ownership, adapt quickly to new technologies, & have high career growth potential. The desire & ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
- Provide the required hands-on network/systems/software development & program management, cross-functional coordination, & inter/intra team communications to deliver outstanding program outcomes
- Work closely with network/systems/software engineers, product managers & other engineer teams to get high-quality products & features developed & deployed
- Manage a highly complex portfolio of infrastructure & Member facing projects with matrixed stakeholders across a global organization.
- Identify opportunities for business transformation to increase revenue, decrease cost, & improve operating efficiency & scalability.
- Consult with business units to create new project justifications & prioritize the existing portfolio according to business drivers.
- Develop & manage detailed project plans for complex projects with strong change control.
- Manage vendor statements of work, project budgets & invoice payments.
- Develop detailed system requirements, test plans & training materials.
- Lead all testing efforts & drive the remediation of defects encountered.
- Ensure comprehensive change management including change communications, user training & ongoing education.
- 6+ years of industry experience as a Technical Program Manager with strong technical expertise with cloud computing or related technical fields
- Experience as an Engineer in network/systems/software engineering disciplines; experience as an engineering manager
- Experience of deploying Cloud Services & SaaS products with custom API & integrations.
- Excellent negotiation, facilitation, & consensus building skills.
- Strong financial management & budgeting skills
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills & the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers, & subject matter experts.
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, & execute in a fast-paced & dynamic environment with a strong work ethic & ownership mentality
- Industry experience in Real Estate or Hospitality/Retail with multi-unit businesses preferred
- Bachelors degree in business or computer science preferred. MBA a plus.
- Certifications such as Lean Six Sigma, PMP, PMI-PBA, CBAP or CCBA is preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.